You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Pogo123

Suspension from work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4037 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was suspended from work on Friday 19th June, and told I had to attend a meeting on Monday 22 June. I asked for the meeting to be postponed untilI had chance to speak to my advisor and to arrange for representation. I have been told that there is no right for an employee to postpone a disciplinary hearing in order for them to seek legal advice on an internal employment matter. I havent even had an investigation meeting, yet they seem to indicate that the meeting will be a disciplinary hearing.

I have been subject to homophobic bullying, intimidation and harassment by people at work, and I have tried to raise complaints several times through my manager, but she refuses to take statements, or take the matter further.

Can anyone advise?

It is your right to be accompanied by a trade union so they cannot have the meeting until you arrange for your TU rep to be there. Yoiu can only be accompanied by a TU rep or fellow colleague so that might be their point?

They must state that your are being called in for a discplinary meeting and give you details of what it is regarding so you are able to prepare!

With ref to the bullying etc I would write a formal grievance regarding the issues, perhaps even talk about your manager in the grievance and address it to the director or someone above your manager.

Legally they must meet with you within 28 days to discuss your grievance and seek a resolution.

Edited by AaronM

Thanks for that! Very helpful!