Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Barclaycard Default appears after 10 yrs

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I am new here so bear with me. I have recently had a financial meeting with my bank, The Bank was happy to help, saying i was a good customer that did everything right, but when they went to the lending team. My account threw up a problem


I pulled off my copies of credit reports with credit expert, all was well. Equifax however wasnt , at the bottom of my good file, was showing a Default notice issued in 2007 !!!! for over £2500 pounds with Barclaycard for an account from 1998 that I thought i had paid off over 11 years ago. Ive had no contact at all with Barclaycard ever since that time and have a differnt number card and account with barclaycard that i use now.


Late last year I got a letter from Buchanan clerk and wells claiming I owed a similar amount and they were collecting for Barclaycard. I wrote to them after researching their tactics on the net and when i sent a recorded letter asking them for proof that this was my debt, they wrote back and said file was closed.


Now I dont know what to do. Why was the default logged in 2007 when I have had no correspondance to date with Barclaycard about this old card. Where do I stand in trying to get this taken off , I know it wont be easy ..but its ruining everything!

Thanks so much

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

write to equifax and get them to contact barclaycard and make them verify this action, also while you are at it make them add a note that you dispute this entry




Getting There Slowly



Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, i have done that now.


Should i write a letter to Barclaycard, im presuming they have sold it on which is why BCW wrote to me. I have never been aware of any kind of attempt by Barclaycard to contact me about this though. Just checked and it was a 13 year ago 1996 thing, so I dont understand why they filed the default in 2007. I am pretty sure its not correct though. Should I send the £1 now to Barclaycard and ask for a signed copy of agreement ?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first thing you need to do is contact the CRAs and say what you have said here.They have a responsibility to make sure data is recorded accurately,and will contact whoever recorded the default to question it....ask then to do this.

I would send BCW a letter asking them to provide you with copies of assignment and details of when the default was recorded etc.This can be done under the CCA.

If Barclaycard assigned it to BCW then they should have the docs.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an addition to the thread. The Limitation Act 1980 sets out the rules on how long a creditor has to take action against you for a debt i.e. take you to court. The time limits are different, depending on the type of debt that you have. Under the Limitations Act 1980 the time limits are simple contracts 6 years, contracts under seal, 12 years.


The Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has issued Debt Collection guidance which looks at whether a debt is being collected fairly. They say:


It is unfair to pursue the debt if you have heard nothing from the creditor for 6 years.


The OFT thinks it is fair to keep trying to recover the debt if the creditor has been in regular contact with you during this time.


It is unfair to mislead you be saying the debt is still legally recoverable when it isn’t.


It is unfair to keep pressing for payment after you have told them you won’t be paying the debt because it is statute barred.


If the creditor has been to court and there is a County Court Judgment outstanding, then you cannot use the Limitation Act to dispute you owe the debt. It does not matter how many years ago the creditor went to court, the County Court Judgment will still exist. The creditor may not be able to enforce the Judgment without the court's permission if the Judgment is over six years old.

Some useful links.


Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions


Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.


Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !


If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.


Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.



Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks guys

ive never been to court about it, ive never even seen paperwork threatening me with any of this for 13 years...i havent a ccj as far as i know ...ive never been asked for a payment plan,or anything from it has just come out the blue in past two years , first i heard was BCW writing to me last year.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

equifax say " In order to resolve this query we have engaged the company in question to examine their data.This process can take up to 28 days, but as soon as we have an update we will let you know."


So have i done all i can for now then or is there something else i should be doing

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...