You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

LittleSnowBear

Egg and solicitors going to court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

For 3 months I have not been able to pay my agreed £10 a month to my balance, I have informed the solicitors of the situation and they are taking me to court. I am unsure what to do now. The fees that they said will be put on top of my balance will pretty much negate the small but regular amout I have managed to pay over the last couple of years. I literally have no money (I am looking for a job which I informed them) so when they take me to court they won't be able to get anything (I can't even afford the rent) I am also worried by the time the papers come through i may have got next years student loan (I am a student) and they will take a huge chunk of it.:( They also accused me of paying of another debt and neglecting theirs (I have a debt with natwest) which I informed them was't true nobodys getting paid at the moment not even the rent:(

Any help would be appriciated

Slow down, what is the debt? credit card / Loan?

Who is the solicitor, and who is the DCA ir there is one.

We need to know the details of the arrangement you made etc before we can advise on a possible way forward

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Slow down, what is the debt? credit card / Loan?

Who is the solicitor, and who is the DCA ir there is one.

We need to know the details of the arrangement you made etc before we can advise on a possible way forward

Agreed!

Also, if you have no money whatsoever, then the solicitors action would go against the Courts Overriding Objective:

PART 1 - OVERRIDING OBJECTIVE - Ministry of Justice

AC

Debt is credit card, solicitor is geoffry parker bourne I made an agreement to pay £10 a month with them which we did in writing. sorry about being so fast and mental I was paniking!

Edited by LittleSnowBear

GPB, that figures!

OK exactly how was this figure of £10 a month arrived at?

Have you CCA'd GPB for the alledged agreement yet?

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

I sent them a letter and filled in some form explaining how much money I had and all that and I offered them £10 per month as at the time it was all I could afford

OK so you have not verified that they bhave a valid agreement in that case send them this

edit to suit

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------