Re: Quick Question re: re-claims payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Folks,

I have a quick question about a re-claim payment for PPI that GE Money have paid out.

Basically they have have refunded PPI plus interest on an account, but then cleared the amount owed on the account in full and sent a cheque out for the remainder.

We never asked for this money to be credited to the account and as its £3k its a substantial amount. Every letter sent to them asked for the money to be returned in full by cheque for the person concerned to distribute as they wish.

The account only has one late payment this month and has been up to date previously.

They have also only repaid the PPI in part, with still another substantial amount due but in dispute now as they state the PPi was only added to the account from a later date than we believe. It makes around a £2k difference.

Do we bank the cheque for the remainder they have sent and send a letter stating that we want the balance that has been used to clear the account returned by cheque immediately?

Do we also state that we will accept this as part-payment but not full payment for the PPi that is owed as we believe there is more due?

Any better ways to put this?

Dont want to bank the cheque for them to deem that as settlement in full.

Thanks,

meerkat x

Agreed, My mum isnt well and part of her illness causes her to make irrational decisions, hence why I needed a quick answer to be able to advice her best. Thanks Cerbusalert.

Ive asked her to go over the letter with me when she gets home to confirm it, but she thinks they never stated it was made in Full and final settlement.

meerkat x