You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4037 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly so bear with me.

My partner has been contacted by Rossendale regarding outstanding coucil tax. First point of call was posting a letter for which they charged. We spoke to them & agreed with the bailiff to pay £15.00 per week but had to fill out a list of incoming & outgoings. Appx 1 week later we recieved a letter saying they wanted £60 per week. They said that after looking at our income/outgoing that is what they wanted. However, we hadn't even sent the info back with our details. Now they have got the details they still maintain they want £60 per week. With 6 kids & a hefty mortgage etc this is going to be one hell of a struggle. Is there anything I can do to decrease the amount they want?

get in touch with the council explain to them £60 wk is an unrealistic amount that you wont agree to as you will default on payments

bailiffs cant charge for letters they can only charge for visits £24.50 first £18 second (therefore you already have unlawful charges on your account complain to council and bailiffs about this)

don't let them into your home they have no legal right to enter your home

if you have a car do not leave it in your drive or in your street park it well away if it is on HP they cannot levy it do not leave anything in your garden furniture tools ECT or they will levy on it

keep a very close eye on bailiffs charges get in touch with council and find out exactly how much the liability order was for

getting your MP and local councillor involved is always a good idea

don't let the council fob you off they are responsible for all bailiffs actions

if possible never speak to bailiff over phone (unless you can record the call) do every thing in writing e-mail letters all letters should be sent recorded delivery

Not sure if I'm doing this correctly so bear with me.

My partner has been contacted by Rossendale regarding outstanding coucil tax. First point of call was posting a letter for which they charged. We spoke to them & agreed with the bailiff to pay £15.00 per week but had to fill out a list of incoming & outgoings. Appx 1 week later we recieved a letter saying they wanted £60 per week. They said that after looking at our income/outgoing that is what they wanted. However, we hadn't even sent the info back with our details. Now they have got the details they still maintain they want £60 per week. With 6 kids & a hefty mortgage etc this is going to be one hell of a struggle. Is there anything I can do to decrease the amount they want?

AS long as the bailiffs have never entered your property, all of the power is in your hands, not theirs. YOU are the expert on how much you can afford and YOU should decide the amount. Do not 'negotiate' with them, TELL THEM what you are going to pay. If you don't like their attitude, make all payments direct to the council and refuse to have anything more to to with the bailiffs.

Refuse to deal with the bailiffs. The council want their money and it's in their interest to accept what you have to offer directly without your money going to the bully boys for doing jack. They will tell you the ball is in the bailiffs court but remind them that your debt is owed to THEM and they are responsible for paying and employing the baliffs, not you.

You don't say how much you owe but as rough guide to help you our arrears were £2000 + but the council accepted £50 per month plus the usual payments. The only condition is that we paid the arrears by DD but we established a point of contact and they are very reasonable if we are a few days late in paying the current years payments.

It's the refusing to pay or contact them that gets up their nose. If they can see you are making the effort they won't bother you too much.

"getting your MP and local councillor involved is always a good idea "

LOL, tell them they owe more money than you do!

Offer only what you can afford to pay regularly and make sure you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to.