You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• gutted,    just came across this article from january 2020 i can't beleive i misinterpreted / misread the  court documents i received.   i always thought the AOS was all i had to submit, until i received a court date and that i would have to file defence then. Judge throws out fines issued at notorious Sheffield car park Fines at a notorious Sheffield car park have been issued illegally after a judge dismissed charges against several defendants.
    • I would like some advice please. I lost my husband a week ago. My son is causing a lot of trouble in the family, and has posted a libelous post about me on facebook. My brother told me about it, as I have blocked my son. My brother has also given me a print out of the post, ready for any solicitor that may be able to help me. I am so upset about the post, and what my son has written is so nasty that no son should be able to say anything like it about his own mother. I do hope that someone can help me with this matter, as its not the first time he's posted something nasty about me on facebook. I've tried to report it to facebook, but without luck.
    • Yes begging letter, he would as FTMDave indicates have difficulty with that letter, as parking cases are generally not suitable for Arbitration. There are multiple factors that kill his pig for him, that he will only see when his cut & paste WS is done, and rebutted.
    • the letter i received doesn't give any account details to whom payment should be made, or how to pay e.g. via phone , card etc   just says payment should be made to the person named at the address for payment, giving claimants reference and claim number
    • another telling point about the current 'claimed capacity' of over 300,000 a day despite the claimed tests - including double counts, blocks of home tests sent out and a fair bit of fairy dust on the numbers   Yesterday we tried to book a retest for O/H ... and there were no tests of any type available apparently anywhere as it said that before I even got to put the country in So unless there were over 300,000 tests yesterday ... ... lies lies and more lies     Seems to me to Indicates the actual 'capacity is the 150,000 which including dupes and posted - half that claimed.   So the real capacity probably sitting at around 80,000 for actual real tests per day.      
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Tony00001

Rockwell/Mckenzie hall/Tessara harrasment.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4030 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've been recieving debt letters from these people over the year now for a debt which is into its 6th year now. Basically In the original instance I had an un-secured loan with the Halifax bank. I was then made unemployed and could not afford the repayments so I defaulted on payments. halifax then passed the debt to a debt collection agency to whome I then agreed to pay reduced monthly payment to untill my circumsatnces changed. This payment was made via my debit card which they had the number of, I did not set up a direct debit it was up to them to take the payment on the 1st of every month.

I noticed after approx 1 year that they had stopped taking the payments from my account, however due to the fact I had not recieved any kind of statement or any other communication from them for that matter, I decided to leave them to chase me and i'd quiz them over this when they did.

There last payment went out in febuary 2003 and I heard nothing about the debt until mid last year when Mckenzie Hall sent me a colletion letter demanding payment in full. I spoke to Our law society here in Chesterfield whome advised me to ignore the letters and not to acknowledge the company as this would start the 6 year span again. I did this and recieved another three letters from these people over the space of about 3 months, the last was a reduced amount and saying we understand this must be difficult blah blah blah so we'll accept this from you as a gesture of good will, however if this is not paid we will be forced to take this to small claims court and obtain a court order. Again I ignored this letter and that was the last I heard untill approx 1 month ago when Rockwell Debt Collection sent me a new letter, same contents as the last ones just a different company so I innitially thought, however I have now noticed there all part of tessera.

The last letter I recieved gave me a 9 day time limit to pay the debt of. I noticed on another thread on here a letter explaing to the company that I have no knowledge of the debt in question and for them to povide proof of said debt so I have sent that to them now.

My question is this.

My wife suffers with an illness known as Bi-polar depression, when triggered this illness renders my wife incapeable of any normal life challenges and is triggered by stress. These letters we are recieving is causing said stress and I am terrified this could put her back into hospital. Is there anything else I can do with these people to stop them sending these pointless letters?

I know the debt is not enforcable now and these people must relise this but they just keep coming, and the more they send, is convincing my wife that they must think they have some sort of legal standing with this debt!

Thank you in advance.

Tony

Welcome to the CAG forums Tony. This debt sounds like it is statute barred (and indeed if McKenzie Hall are chasing it then they are well known for chasing statute barred debts), send this letter here by recorded delivery - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Once you state that you will NOT be making payments towards a debt that is statute barred, they must NOT continue to harrass you in fact you will also find this interesting - The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

The OFT say this about statute barred debts - 2.14 (b) -

continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could amount to harassment contrary to section 40 (1) of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

If you hear any more from this company after sending the statute barred letter, please let us know....(if you are in Scotland then the statute barred time limit is 5 years and needs a different letter as the laws are different - let me know if you are in Scotland)

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

If the last payment was made in Feb 2003 and there has been no Wriiten acknowledgement of the alleged debt then it is Statute Barred. Write to whoever is currently chasing you and send them the following. If they continue to chase you report them to the OFT

Dear Cretins

Acc/Ref No

You have contacted us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by ourselves.

We would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

We would also point out that the OFT say under their Debt Collection Guidance on statute barred debt that “it is unfair to pursue the debt if the debtor has heard nothing from the creditor during the relevant limitation period”.

The last payment of this alleged debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from us in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, we suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against us to recover the alleged amount claimed.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance states further that “continuing to press for payment after a debtor has stated that they will not be paying a debt because it is statute barred could lead to a prosecution under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

We await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed and that no further contact will be made concerning the above account after that last letter.

We look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

I M Wise To-You

Statute barred and they know it send them a staute barred letter above. And report them if they to the oft trading standards if they do not quit wrighting/calling you ignore any letters asking you to call them as they will lie bully and threten you to try to get a payment out you incidently once a debt statute barrs it can not be unbarred

6 years no payment and acknowledgement from you = Statute barred

Send the statute barred letter. DO NOT SIGN IT AS THEY WILL LIFT YOUR SIGNATURE and use it against you.

Thankyou everyone for your quick reply's. These company's should be shot down in flames.

Thank you again I'm very greatfull for your help!

Rockwells/Muck Hall & Tessara are all desks in the same Kilmarnock threat monkey office.

Make sure you send the letter by recorded delivery so you know when the get it.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

I got a reply back from rockwell today which basaically all it said was.....

Dear mr kay

We recieved your letter and request for information. We will contact our client and respond further at a later date..

Thats it. Thats all they sent. Please see the copy of the letter below which is what I sent to them.....

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (Rockwell debt collection).

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Tony Kay

Surely there should of either been a letter with the ccs document in it or a letter stating that the matter was closed.

What would be the best thisg for me to do now. Send the Statue barred letter or justwait see what they send me next.

Thx

I would sit and wait.

Edit Oops, Had a re-read of above... you haven't told them yet it's statute barred? See what they come back with and then if it is the statute barred account send the template for Statute barred debts.

Edited by kurvaface
more

Send the statute barred letter ASAP.......then that's it - you need do no more. If they continue to harrass you after sending that to them, they report them to EVERYONE!

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!