CCA request - they say account number missing?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had sent 2 CCA requests to Barclays, one for a credit card and the other for a loan.

They've now sent me back a letter to say they they cannot proceed with my request because the sort code and account number are missing.

I've double checked and the account numbers on the letters I sent are correct, but I didn't put the sort code as I don't know these and they are not on any of my paperwork, i.e. credit card statement.

Should I write back and say that these account numbers are correct and include a copy of the paperwork that I have with these numbers on them? Also, how shall I reply to the missing sort codes?

I sent the CCA requests to the Data Controller at their registered offic and their response has come from customer services at a different address. Which address should I reply to?

Thanks for any help.

Do you happen to have a current account with Barclays?

If so they maybe after you current account details so they can withdraw cash via the 'offset rule' to pay any arrears you have on your credit card or loan.

I would not advise you divulge these details to them.

If your request contained the account numbers of the relevent card/loan, then this is all they need to process you request.

Barclays are slippery eels, be wary of anything they say.

Do you happen to have a current account with Barclays?

If so they maybe after you current account details so they can withdraw cash via the 'offset rule' to pay any arrears you have on your credit card or loan.

I would not advise you divulge these details to them.

If your request contained the account numbers of the relevent card/loan, then this is all they need to process you request.

Barclays are slippery eels, be wary of anything they say.

Yes, I do have a current account with them and thank you for warning me about what they might do.

Would you suggest that I just write back and say they have the account numbers, they are correct and its all they need?

Reply to their registered office or the address on the letter?

Thanks

Hi,

If you are behind with your payments to your loan and CC, Sharkleys will take money from your current account to pay these debts (offsetting)so I would be getting a new account with another bank pretty damn quick.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

If you are behind with your payments to your loan and CC, Sharkleys will take money from your current account to pay these debts (offsetting)so I would be getting a new account with another bank pretty damn quick.

Thank you. I'm making small agreed payments to them and I'm not behind with those.

Yes, I do have a current account with them and thank you for warning me about what they might do.

Would you suggest that I just write back and say they have the account numbers, they are correct and its all they need?

Reply to their registered office or the address on the letter?

Thanks

get your dosh out of your account NOW!