You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Hugh Jeffort

Help with understanding defaults needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4039 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

Hope someone can shed some light on what i've been sent and hopefully expalin what it all means.

The story bit.....

Have a loan with BOS in both mine and the wifes name....last month I mistakenly cancelled the direct debit on my internet banking (was trying to delete another payment to BOS) they sent a letter saying i'd missed a payment and needed to update my DD details by calling......I called and was told to send a cheque for one month plus the missed payment fee and that the direct debit would be set up again. Two weeks later I received a call from collections telling me that I was still in arrears, I was confused cause I thought it had been sorted, said I would look into it and call back.... after checking, I found they hadn't taken the right number of payments so called them back and payed it....... meanwhile both myself and my wife received the following letters.....

LGWDocSend-06-22-09-L9BV5L3-001.jpg

LGWDocSend-06-22-09-L9BV5L3-002.jpg

LGWDocSend-06-22-09-L9BV5L3-003.jpg

LGWDocSend-06-22-09-L9BV5L3-004.jpg

They both say the same thing and arrived the same time, the question is what do they mean??? are they putting this on my credit file? Can I argue that I tried to sort the problem weeks before and that it was their info that stopped the right money going out? should I just chalk this down to experience and carry on??? :confused:

Great isn't it, we hear so many stories on this forum of people who have wanted to protect themselves from I'm authorised direct debit payments and so, very responsibly, they call their banks only to be told that the bank can't cancel it and that they must contact the beneficiary. This is always untrue of course. Then here you are, by accident you have cancelled your direct debit. I fully expect that if you had called the bank and ask them to cancel it for you they would have refused.

It certainly is not clear from is correspondence as to what is going on so you had better assume the worst.

Do not do anything on the telephone unless you record your calls. Write to them and ask them for clarification of the position. Asked them if they understand that the whole matter was an unfortunate accident which you have tried to remedy immediately. Ask them whether they are aware that they took the wrong payments from your account.ask them if they are aware that your account shows that there was never a money problem (I'm assuming this is correct) and that your bank statements will clearly show that the non-payment of the direct debit was very likely to have been a mere administrative error on your part.

Ask them whether any entries have been put onto your credit file or whether they are proposing to do so. Point out to them that if entries have been placed or if they are proposing to post entries on your credit file that you would like to place the entire matter in dispute and that they should take no action until it has been fully investigated.

Ask them for their reply in writing.

Were the incorrect payments which they took a consequence of them incorrectly using the direct debit? If it is any will be up to rely on the direct debit guarantee although it is probably not worth mentioning it at this stage.

I do think you need to react quickly -- and at this point reasonably gently -- because these kind of problems get out of hand very rapidly and are very difficult to get back under control because the banks have shown themselves generally to be incapable of discussing anything and simply or reasonably.