You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

beachcomber60

Debenhams Store card PPI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3055 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

About to start a reclaim battle with either CL Finance or GE Money (OC).

Basically, debt sold off to CL Finance November '08, No default notice or Notice of Assignment - already have a thread running regarding this.

Sent a CCA request to CL in March - absolutely no response, sent reminder mid April again no response - Phoned CL and was told that its taking longer then expected to obtain a copy from GE.

Sent off for a full SAR to GE Money, information supplied was for statements 2003 to 2008 with some statements missing and a note stating that system errors prevent all statements being available, they also stated that there is no original agreement available due to the age of the account (1983) and that a sum of £2,250 in PPI payments had been levied to the account - PPI stopped end of 2005 after finding out just how dear it was and for no benefit. Sent off a non complaince letter requesting missing information and all I received in reply was a very bad microfiche copy of the in store application form.

Now I want to try and reclaim the payments and I just wonder if someone could do a quick calculation ( I have done the spready but just need to check that I've done it right as the figure I have come up with is very high)

19/04/2003 PPI £2.35 APR 29.9% Interest Calculation to 17/06/09

(compounded annually)

My other question is that although they state that £2,250 had been levied only £326 is covered by statements, so the balance must have been applied before April '03, so I want to take the remaining £1,924 and apply it to march '03 in one lump & do the APR interest at 15% as a gesture of goodfaith :)

Long winded I know but couldnt explain it better.

Beachy

About to start a reclaim battle with either CL Finance or GE Money (OC).

Basically, debt sold off to CL Finance November '08, No default notice or Notice of Assignment - already have a thread running regarding this.

Sent a CCA request to CL in March - absolutely no response, sent reminder mid April again no response - Phoned CL and was told that its taking longer then expected to obtain a copy from GE.

Sent off for a full SAR to GE Money, information supplied was for statements 2003 to 2008 with some statements missing and a note stating that system errors prevent all statements being available, they also stated that there is no original agreement available due to the age of the account (1983) and that a sum of £2,250 in PPI payments had been levied to the account - PPI stopped end of 2005 after finding out just how dear it was and for no benefit. Sent off a non complaince letter requesting missing information and all I received in reply was a very bad microfiche copy of the in store application form.

Now I want to try and reclaim the payments and I just wonder if someone could do a quick calculation ( I have done the spready but just need to check that I've done it right as the figure I have come up with is very high)

(compounded annually)

My other question is that although they state that £2,250 had been levied only £326 is covered by statements, so the balance must have been applied before April '03, so I want to take the remaining £1,924 and apply it to march '03 in one lump & do the APR interest at 15% as a gesture of goodfaith :)

Long winded I know but couldnt explain it better.

Beachy

Hey beachy you will need to ask pompeyfaith on this issue. I got my sums wrong on my claims. But if you go via the FOS they will work it out. A lot of folks are rightly concerned at getting back what they are due so if you can come up with the figures well and good. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hiya Beachy,

What is the £2.35 ?

(compounded annually)

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Pf,

Blimey that was quick :cool:

The £2.35 was the amount they added to the account for ppi for that month.

Regards

Jim

So am i right in saying you paid £2.35 a mth from 19/04/2003 until 17/06/09

Sorry im a bit confused here was this a store card and if so surely the PPI each mth would be differant depending on the balance?

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Sorry PF I think I'm causing confusion by not explaining properly.

On the 19/04/03 they added £2.35 ppi to the account, on my spready I calculated interest from the date they added it to the account (19/04/03) to the date I did the spreadsheet (17/06/09) @ the annual APR of 29.9% & came up with £2.35 ppi + £9.71 interest.

You are correct in that the monthly ppi varies according to the outstanding balance.

Just think I've done something wrong as working out all the calculations for the statements & figures they've supplied I've calculated ppi of £2,250 plus compounded interest at 29.9% = just over £7,000 :eek:

Just hope I'm right.

Ok gotcha

But i must say that sounds about right remember it is 29.9% compounded

But i will check for you

• Haha 1

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Ok i make it £2.35+£9.45=£11.80

And £2,250.00 at 29.9% over 6.17 yrs = £11301.89 interest £9051.89

Regards

PF

.17 being the decimal sum of 2 mths

P.S fill yer boots

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Thanks PF

Your help is, as always, greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jim

Just double check those figures on another calculator and it is bang on to the penny

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

I thought it would be high due to the interest rate and the interest being compounded mth on mth.

Regards

PF

I know where you are coming from though it does take you by surprise lol

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Pleasure if you need anymore help with this just send me a PM

PF

• Haha 1

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Once again Thanks PF, just picked myself up off the floor :eek:

Tickled your scales accordingly :lol:

Beachy

Yup lol i know that feeling very well beachy.

I have an ongoing claim with the co-op bank for PPI totalling £31,000 for mis-sold PPI on 9 Loans i ended up checking my figures over and over.

Thanks for the rep.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

While sorta expected a reply but :-

Dear Beachy

I understand that your complaint is regarding Account Cover insurance.

Having checked your account details, I can confirm Account Cover insurance consisting of price, payment & purchase protection was added Dec. 1989, when we received your signed credit agreement and opened your account. I am unable to enclose a valid copy of the agreement due to the time elapsed.

I note that you say that you were not told that the policy was optionalwhen it was taken out in Dec. 1989, but I also note that the process that we had in place was to make clear that it was not compulsory. I can confirm that on the agreement you signed, it asked you to sign if you required the Account Cover, which you did. (No - I signed for a Debenhams Store Card - there was no seperate section to be signed for account cover nor is there a box to be ticked. I do have a very bad photocopy of a microfiche, virtually unreadable but in the payment protection there is nowhere to sign nor tick and I can just make out something along the lines of 'Payment Protection Plan, if you do not wish to be protected simply return by Freepost the cardholder ??? unreadable).

Therefore it appears that it was made clear that the policy was optional and that you elected to take out the insurance. Once a customer has decided to take the product, a policy summary and policy document is mailed to the customer for their review. We also offer a 30 day no quibble guarantee where the product may be cancelled, and any premiums refunded (subject to no claim being made). This allows time to compere the policy to that of any other insurance companies.

In relation to your reference to the sales process in store, there is no requirement upon us to record the sales process and so we have no way of knowing what took place in Dec. 1989. However, if any of the matters that you suggest took place, you would have been able to call at any time in the first 30 days and we would have removed the insurance from the account.

Since you opened the account, this insurance has been clearly shown on your statements, when a balance has been outstanding, and could have been cancelled or a claim made at any time.

I understand that you believe you were not covered by Account Cover insurance, as you were self employed. However, you were covered by the insurance as I can confirm that being self employed does not exclude you from the main benefits of the cover. (but it does exclude me from some benefits then?)

The Account Cover was upgraded on ** Sept 1998 & ** July 2003 and a new Terms & Conditions would have been sent at these times. (News to me!)

As I can find no evidence of mis-selling of this insurance, I am unable to refund the premiums applied to your account. I can confirm the insurance was cancelled ** Jan. 2006.

If you remain dissatisfied with our response you may refer the complaint to the Finance & Leasing Association using the details below. (Think they are as much use as a chocolate fire guard as far as the consumer is concerned).

Beachy

No one got any comments on GE/Santanders utter bull**** of a response?

I note that you say that you were not told that the policy was optionalwhen it was taken out in Dec. 1989, but I also note that the process that we had in place was to make clear that it was not compulsory. I can confirm that on the agreement you signed, it asked you to sign if you required the Account Cover, which you did.

EVEN IF YOU DID SIGN YOU WERE NOT AWARE THAT PPI INSURANCE WOULD BE THE SUBJECT OF MUCH MEDIA AND REGULATORY ATTENTION DUE TO IT BEING GROSSLY MIS-SOLD AS IN YOUR CASE AND TOTALLY UNFAIR

We also offer a 30 day no quibble guarantee where the product may be cancelled, and any premiums refunded (subject to no claim being made). This allows time to compere the policy to that of any other insurance companies.

WELL THE FSA AND OFT HAVE ALREADY RULED THAT POLICIES SHOULD NOT BE SOLD WITH A FINANCIAL PRODUCT SO ITS FAR TO SAY THIS APPLIED IN 1989

Since you opened the account, this insurance has been clearly shown on your statements, when a balance has been outstanding, and could have been cancelled or a claim made at any time.

AS ABOVE IT HAS ONLY RECENTLY BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU ATTENTION THOUGH THE MEDIA THE FAILINGS OF THIS PRODUCT

I understand that you believe you were not covered by Account Cover insurance, as you were self employed. However, you were covered by the insurance as I can confirm that being self employed does not exclude you from the main benefits of the cover.

EASY FOR THEM TO SAY THAT NOW BUT WAS IT BROUGHT TO YOUR ATTENTION AT THE TIME OF SALE I GUESS NOT

The Account Cover was upgraded on ** Sept 1998 & ** July 2003 and a new Terms & Conditions would have been sent at these times.

WELL THATS FOR YOU TO PROVE THEN

If you remain dissatisfied with our response

TOO RIGHT I DO

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

In other words do not give up yet still plenty to fight for

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Evening PF

The stakes are high on this one, no intention of giving up.

At the time Deb. counter staff 'signed me up' they were more interested in getting my signature on the application form & promoting the 10% discount on purchases that day for taking the card out ( something I notice they still do today), did a bit of digging & not only were GE heavily fined (£600k + for mis selling ppi insurance they have also been heavily critisized in the past for the poorly trained stores staffS methods of promoting the cards ( OFT mystery shoppers), not allowing customers the opportunity of leaving stores with the application forms to decide if they wanted ppi.

I only have a very poor photocopy of a microfiche as far as ppi is concerned there is nowhere to sign for ppi or even a tick box, only a short statement that reads something along the lines of if you do not wish to have this cover simply use Freepost returning your card - as I say its very poor but you can just make out a few words.

So the fight is firmly on, although it does look like a court case - any knowledge of successful claims via the courts?

Sorry for any spilling miztooks - using iPhone in me truck - Michael Woods services M5 north bound. :-D

Beachy

well funny u mention courts as im about to start a court claim myself in the next week or two im amazed that GE are putting up a fight comsidering they have been fined by the fsa

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Thanks PF, I wish you well with your court action, I will follow with interest as I think I'll end up taking GE to court over this as well.

(Like your new avatar by the way).

Thanks Beachy,

As for the avatar its apt in the 20th century as they all want are money. ;)

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

:-D

They can want all they like!

BUT we also want our money back that they have 'taken' off us.

Indeed and if you are anything like me i aint gona give up

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Interesting.

I am currently going through a court case with CL and think I will have to check the ppi figures as well for the counterclaim.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.