Phillips Civil Enforcement etc etc****Urgent ****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just received a letter from Phillips regarding £35 overpaid housing benefit from about 5 years ago.

Called them and they said I had to provide a telephone number or they could not access my account information, so I gave them a false one. I have recorded all my calls as there staff are clearly incompetant and I am planning on writing a complaint, but need some advice first.

Anyway, I was just wondering who they are regulated by? I know they are something to do with ACEA but what about OFT, CSA and FOS? I know where i stand with DCA's but not sure with Phillips. Are they likely to send bailiffs round? take court action? add fees? who do I complain to apart from ACEA? Any advice or stories of your run-ins with them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi all

Just received a letter from Phillips regarding £35 overpaid housing benefit from about 5 years ago.

Called them and they said I had to provide a telephone number or they could not access my account information, so I gave them a false one. I have recorded all my calls as there staff are clearly incompetant and I am planning on writing a complaint, but need some advice first.

Anyway, I was just wondering who they are regulated by? I know they are something to do with ACEA but what about OFT, CSA and FOS? I know where i stand with DCA's but not sure with Phillips. Are they likely to send bailiffs round? take court action? add fees? who do I complain to apart from ACEA? Any advice or stories of your run-ins with them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear of your problems, you got it right in one with the word incompetant, to be honest that is polite !

Here are some contact details for you:

Philips Collection Services Ltd

PO Box 152

Darlington

DL3 9WT

Phone: 01325 387 400

Fax: 01325 383 887

Email: [email protected]

Link: www.philips.org.uk

Office of Fair Trading contact details:

Philips Collection Services Limited - Licence Number 0491286

[email protected]

You could also make your local MP aware of your situation:

www.theyworkforyou.com

Hope you get things sorted, keep us informed.

The retailers worst nightmare !

Just a quick update.

I called the council who I owe the money to as Phillips refused point blank to let me pay in 2 instalments, and the council have called them and authorised me to pay in 2 instalments. A nice big up yours to Phillips :grin:

Im taking it that you acually owe the money, and not just paying because they say you do ! in any event if Philips have harrased you or not listended to your concerns take your complaint to the top.

I deffo owe the money Big Boss, I had forgotten about it though tbh. There is no way I would have let people like Phillips bully me into paying something I don't owe. I am still writing my complaint though, regarding their ineptitude and utter incompetance and will be sending it to CSA, FSA, Trading Standards, BBC Watchdog and ACEA. They will be sorry they ever contacted me :D

Will keep you posted, and thanks again for your advice.

I deffo owe the money Big Boss, I had forgotten about it though tbh. There is no way I would have let people like Phillips bully me into paying something I don't owe. I am still writing my complaint though, regarding their ineptitude and utter incompetance and will be sending it to CSA, FSA, Trading Standards, BBC Watchdog and ACEA. They will be sorry they ever contacted me :D

Will keep you posted, and thanks again for your advice.

Thats great to hear, im currently progressing my complaints through the relevent channels, Philips even sent me a cheque to apologise, think it was to keep me quiet ! but its made me even more determined to make my voice heard ! Keep us informed of developments.