Moorcroft and Egg - Giving up??

cal21c
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been following the unenforceability route with a number of CCs one of the main ones being Egg who had passed the account onto Moorcroft. I sent all the appropriate letters recorded, sent my £1 and sent the reminder Dispute letter after 14 days and a further 30 days has long elapsed then out of the blue I get this letter from Moorcroft.

What does this mean? Is Egg going to deal with it? Do I have to start the process again of trying to get a true copy of a CCA from Egg directly? Are they giving up? (wishful thinking I know!)

Has anyone else had this letter?

Thanks in advance,

Cal,

MoorcroftEggReply190609BLANK.jpg

They have given up and sent it back to egg, who will probably pass it to the next bottom-feeder, in the fullness of time...yawn:rolleyes:

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

If a DCA is unable to comply with a CCA request they cannot continue collection on an account. I'm guessing they have requested a copy OAD from EGG who have been unable to provide one, so as per leggislation, Moorcroft have had no option but to return your account to EGG. I would do your CCA request to EGG and see what they come back with.

They will probably send it to another DCA in the hope you will just get fed up and pay, if they do then just CCA the next DCA and they too will have to return it.

Hope this helps.

If a CCA request cannot be complied with then the debt becomes unenforceable, however, I am sure EGG will find some way round this piece of legislation and continue sending it to more DCA's.

If EGG are unable to issue with the documents you have requested, I would write a complaint to them and OFT to see what they say.

Kepp us updated.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I sent a CCA request to Egg and never heard from them but have now got a letter from ARC (never heard of them???) chasing up the Egg debt. Start again with these? Or straight to the OFT?

Thanks in advance for all your comments!

Cal21

PS Sorry about the image - not sure how to get it bigger?

20090708 - ARCLetterEggBL.jpg

Thanks Cerberus. Shall I send the second, post 14 day letter to Egg too now? I guess the dispute is still with them?

Thanks again,

Cal

You have already disputed the a/c with Moorcroft who will have notified Egg when the returned the a/c to them. Until a CCA is provided it remains in dispute & it will be pointless getting into a game of postal ping-pong between yourself, the oriiginal creditor and whichever muppet who is trying to collect.