• Tweets

• Hi. Could you post up what they've sent please so we can see what the charge is? Cover up your name and address and their reference number. HB
    • I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard Mercers and Power2Connect Help Urgently Needed

MurphyW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for a great forum and information site.

I've been reading loads and have got to the point of having sent a request letter and £1 to get my CCA from Barclays for a Visa card that I've had for ages.

They've done their usual and sent a letter but no signed agreement with a set of terms and conditions with a date of 10/08 on the bottom corner. The time period of 12 + 2 days has expired.

Could someone please confirm that this is non-compliance with the request and that they are now in default. Should I send a second letter to request that they supply the correct information within a further 12 days?

I am currently paying them a nominal £1 a month as that is all I can afford but they will not accept this amount.

I've attached scans of the letter and both sides of the terms & conditions sheet that they sent.

I hope that you can read them.

If not I'll have to try to get a clearer / larger copy if possible.

Thank you for any help that you can give.

Murph.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

This is the piece of legislation you need to know of.....

Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations

1983 (SI 1983/1569)

2 Prescribed period

The period of 12 working days is hereby prescribed for the purposes of each provision of the Act specified in Column 1

of the Schedule to these Regulations relating to the duty indicated in Column 2 in relation to regulated agreements

SCHEDULE

SECTIONS OF THE ACT IN RESPECT OF WHICH A PERIOD OF 12 WORKING DAYS IS PRESCRIBED RELATING TO DUTIES IN

RELATION TO REGULATED AGREEMENTS

Regulation 2

Section of the

Act

Duty

(1) (2)

77(1) Duty to give information to debtor under fixed-sum credit agreement.

78(1) Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.

79(1) Duty to give information to hirer under consumer hire agreement.

and section 78 for running credit

Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.

— (1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of [F1 £1], shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a)

the state of the account, and

(b)

the amount, if any currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

©

the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

(2) If the creditor possesses insufficient information to enable him to ascertain the amounts and dates mentioned in subsection (1)©, he shall be taken to comply with that paragraph if his statement under subsection (1) gives the basis on which, under the regulated agreement, they would fall to be ascertained.

(3) Subsection (1) does not apply to—

(a)

an agreement under which no sum is, or will or may become, payable by the debtor, or

(b)

a request made less than one month after a previous request under that subsection relating to the same agreement was complied with.

(4) Where running-account credit is provided under a regulated agreement, the creditor shall give the debtor statements in the prescribed form, and with the prescribed contents—

(a)

showing according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer, the state of the account at regular intervals of not more than twelve months, and

(b)

where the agreement provides, in relation to specified periods, for the making of payments by the debtor, or the charging against him of interest or any other sum, showing according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer the state of the account at the end of each of those periods during which there is any movement in the account.

(5) A statement under subsection (4) shall be given within the prescribed period after the end of the period to which the statement relates.

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a)

he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement

(7) This section does not apply to a non-commercial agreement, and subsections (4) and (5) do not apply to a small agreement

Thanks 42man,

try using www.photobucket.com (free) and there is a tutorial here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/165941-photobucket-video-tutorial.html

The link from the tutorial has been suspended unfortunately

Had considered cpr route but thought I'd start with Section 77/78 1974 first or is this just wasting time in making a valid claim?

I'll try to get the scans bigger to read to make sure that I'm on the right track.

Thanks for your help

Murph

Hi again,

Have now uploaded the prints to Photobucket.

The main letter is at

The terms and conditions that they sent is at [/url] and

I hope that this lets you see them.

I don't understand the bit they've quoted as Regulaton 9 of the 1983 Regs allows them to send a copy of the current regulated agreement.

At least they've provided the limit and value information.

The current executed agreement has not arrived as I don't believe they have got a copy.

Thanks for your input.

I'll get a default letter off to them tomorrow.

Do you think that I should push them using CPR61 to get them to release the CCA or show that they do not have the correct information available.

Many thanks for the help.

Murph

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

The dear people at Barclaycard have now disputed whether they need to provide the full CCA under the terms of section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

A copy of their reply attached.

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/MurphyW_2009/BCV2/BCVCCAREPLY2a.jpg

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/MurphyW_2009/BCV2/BCVCCAReply2b.jpg

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/MurphyW_2009/BCV2/BCVCCAReply2c.jpg

Please would someone advise if I should now pursue this by the SAR Route or CPS.

I've also received chasing letters from Mercers and Power2Contact threatening visits to my home.

Hope someone can shed some clear light on the next move please

Thanx

Murph

Hi there,

This is a follow on from my CCA thread but need to find the best way of dealing with these DCA's urgently as Power2Connect have given me 72hrs to contact Mercers regarding outstanding account.

The letters received are: -

Mercers (2pages):

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/MurphyW_2009/BCV2/BCVMerc1A.jpg

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/MurphyW_2009/BCV2/BCVMerc1B.jpg

Subsequent letter from Mercers:

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/MurphyW_2009/BCV2/BCVMerc2A.jpg

Power2Connect are likely to turn up if what others have said about them is true. I presume that i need to send each of them the "Do not contact me as trespassing, no permission to call etc." letter.

The response may depend upon Barclaycard not providing a true copy of an original signed CCA with all the terms. Not sure where I stand on this at the moment.

Power2Connect Letter here:

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv46/MurphyW_2009/BCV2/BCVP2C1.jpg

Any help and guidance will be gratefully received.

Thanx

Murph

Murphy, i have recived exactly the same reply from Barcalys as you, i shall be sending the in dispute letter Monday & also expressing disspointment in why they will not send documents requested along with a £10 postal order for a full SAR.

Hi Riz,

I've sent don't call / visit contact me letters to Mercer and 2Contact.

Thanks for your reply.

Will have to follow up the next stage with Barcs then!!

Yours

Murph

Hi MurphyW,

Is the default notice valid... you've blanked out the remedy date so I cant see if 14 days were allowed AFTER the service period (2 WORKING days by 1st class, 4 WORKING days by all other methods).

One thing I will say tho is that Barclays as the original creditor need to have their name and address on that piece of paper.... I cant see it, can you :-D

S.

MurphyW I've replied on your other thread re: the default notice... you need to keep the thread together so people can see whats happened and what actions/advice have been performed/given.

It all gets a tad confusing otherwise.

S.

dear mr xxxxxxxxxxxx

here is the current terms and conditions of my agreement with you

you will bend down and kiss my A**e three times a day for the next 5 years

you agreed 5 years ago in a contract which i cant be bothered to prove you signed/haven' t got anymore to allow me to change the original terms so that i can ask you to do this now

i am really confident that a court wil agree with me that this is all i am required to do

yeah right!

Barclays dont usually send out agreements via SAR's either. You'll have to consider either a complaint to the FOS re:failure to provide CCA (Slllooooowwwwww) or the CPR (21 days letter 1 + 21days letter2 + court)

Another CAGGER has had success getting his agreement via the CPR method.

S.

so if they took you to court, and you had previously requested a copy of the CCA & sent a SAR in which both they declined to send the requested CCA then on court day produced one what would happen?

well for starters I suspect they'd find it very hard to get any costs out of you provided you had a full audit trail of your requesthey.

secondly i don't think they'd get off the the best possible start with the judge

Hi MurphyW,

Is the default notice valid... you've blanked out the remedy date so I cant see if 14 days were allowed AFTER the service period (2 WORKING days by 1st class, 4 WORKING days by all other methods).

One thing I will say tho is that Barclays as the original creditor need to have their name and address on that piece of paper.... I cant see it, can you :-D

S.

you need to show us the date of the letter and the comply by date

also until barclays tell you someone is acting on their behalf you can assume they dont!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies.

I'll try to keep the thread on track with any further posts for continuity.

I'll progress down the CPR route and let you know how I get on.

Rainbow, was your agreement enforceable when you finally got it from Barclaycard?

Have you gone any further with it yet?

Sent letters to Mercers today and P2C to stop harassing me!!

Fat chance of that happening I suspect but you've got to do it!! ;)

Diddy I like your sarcasm. Makes life a little lighter eh!

See you soon.

More to come yet...

Murph

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies.

I'll try to keep the thread on track with any further posts for continuity.

I'll progress down the CPR route and let you know how I get on.

Rainbow, was your agreement enforceable when you finally got it from Barclaycard?

Have you gone any further with it yet?

Sent letters to Mercers today and P2C to stop harassing me!!

Fat chance of that happening I suspect but you've got to do it!! ;)

Diddy I like your sarcasm. Makes life a little lighter eh!

See you soon.

More to come yet...

Murph

more using humour to demonstrate the point than sarcasm!!

Hi DD & Shadow,

To clarify:

Initial CCA request & £1 fee dated 12/05/09 delivered 14/05/09

BC responded with T&C's 20/05/09

Sent nominal payment to BC as my initial requested value 01/06/09

Sent 2nd CCA letter "Account in Dispute" "Thank you for your letter of 20/05/09 ...you have failed to respond to my legal request original copy of CCA etc" dated 03/06/09 stating that account entered default on 28/05/09 (12+2days after initial request)

Letter from Mercers dated 04/06/09 A/c + Balance + Amount Due £xxx to reach Barclaycard before 21 june 2009 received by me on 09/06/09

Would it be better to get this all in the one thread re Barclays CCa?

Yours

Murph