British Gas - ridiculous 2 year old Gas Bill for L650!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there. What I'm about to describe is outright ABSURD!!!

My mate just got a latter from a debt collection company, saying that he needs to pay L632.77 worth of outstanding bills for gas supplied by British Gas in a property we shared as flatmates 2 years ago. Since then we went our seperate ways. I got a family, he got one as well. Obviously we live under seperate addresses. In the letter it says that he owns BG a sum of L632.77 for the period between 14/06/2006 and 05/07/2007.

The funny things are as fallows:

- Tha account we had with BG at that time was IN MY NAME, NOT HIS!!! Since then I had both gas and electrics supplied by BG for an account in my own name for a different address and they had made no attempt to contact me, what they obviously should have done, as I was the one named on the account which they now persuit.

- we paid all BG bills before moving out (I don't have the old bills as it was 2 years ago and on different property)

- we vacated the premisses in April 2007, so even if we had any outstanding payments they wouldn't be for the period till the 5th of July!!!

- we were on a pre-payment meter for the last 2 or 3 months before moving out!!!

- in the letter they say: :!:"You have made no indication that this account is in dispute therefore we must assume it to be correct and payable":!:

How could have anyone made any indication at all if neither my mate nor myself were contacted in any way regarding the outstanding ammount before the letter dated 15/06/2009?!!

Has anyone got any idea what we should do about this?

Regards, Brian

Edited by Blaze0483