caledfwlch

trying to find letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4064 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

does anyone have a link to the letters regarding phonecalls? Not the harrassment letter.

A relative is recieving endless phonecalls on their phone by a DCA for another relatives debt/chasing that relative, I have seen letters with the gist of "stop calling, you are denying me the use of my landline which I pay for"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

send this edit to suit print name

ompany Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Id quot circumiret, circumveniat.

please do not take my word for anything please do your own research All that i make comments on are done in good faith and to the best of my knowledge

I am at a loss as to why you are still ringing me, despite numerous reminders, it is very irritating to receive requests for information when I am not being paid.

However, to show that there is no ill feeling, I am happy to offer you a special opportunity.

I think that you seem to be using me to train your staff in what dealing with customers who are being wrongly pursued for money is like. I do not agree to provide this service free. I am however happy to offer this service to you for the consideration of £20 per letter that I reply to or telephone call that you ask me to make, terms 30 days. Many banks charge £12 or more for a computer generated letter or a standard scripted debt chasing phone call from a call centre in India. I am certain that in return for a human composed letter or a telephone call to a premium rate revenue sharing number this small premium on that charge represents excellent value for money. Indeed, many professionals would charge a much higher fee to issue a letter of a similar nature.

In addition, I am prepared to offer a £2 discount on the fee to only £18 for slow service, if my e-mail or letter format response is not sent to you or phone call is not made within 7 days of receipt of any requests. I will also, for absolutely no further charge, record any telephone call made and send a copy to you. The recording may be used for any purpose desired. If your staff do not wish to talk to me at that time we may agree a letter or phone call as an alternative, for which a further £20 fee would be payable.

Please however note that prompt payment would be of the essence. If payment was not made promptly within 30 days of the invoice (presumed received working day after posted first class or issued by e-mail), a £12 late payment and letter before action charge for the reminder issued would apply. If accounts were still not settled and legal proceedings had to be commenced, a £50 ligitation referral fee would also apply, in addition to the costs of any court proceedings. You should not agree to enter a contract if you do not note the contents of these conditions.

If you are interested in this offer please indicate your acceptance by sending to me a suitable letter stating that you note this communication and that you would like me to contact you further, either in writing, by telephone call, or by e-mail. I will then send my first response to you, and your staff can practice replying to it. Any future requests can be made in a similar way. You might like to give a reference number that I can quote, so staff are fully aware of the nature of the agreement and the call being made. If you would like to give me any specific instructions about how you wish me to conduct the call do feel free, otherwise I will handle it as seems most appropriate to me; playing the role of someone who is angry at being asked for money they do not believe they owe and a little uncooperative.

Otherwise, if you would not like to take advantage of this opportunity there is of course no need to respond in this respect. However if you believe, despite the information previously given, that I am incorrect and that there is a debt, then I expect you will of course please now finally provide the written proof. The response will have to be in writing as I am not willing to phone a premium rate revenue sharing number when I am not being paid.

Many thanks

an other

try sending them this it is a letter a previous poster used to great effect in actual fact the stupid dca eventually agreed to pay him

Thanks for those 2 letters - the specific one I am after is when the DCA is ringing on a phoneline that is not owned by the debtor they are after, so are in effect "denying" the bill payer their rightful contactual use of the phone as they are not recieving calls when the DCA is taking up the line.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi caledfwlch,

This one?

- HARASSMENT WARNING -

WARNING; PROTECTION FROM HARASSMENT ACT 1997;

WARNING; COMMUNICATIONS ACT 2003. s127.

Telephone Number: {Your Telephone Number}

Re: Harassment by telephone

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am writing in relation to telephone calls that I have received from your organisation, which I deem to be personally harassing. I have verbally requested that these calls stop, but I am still receiving call. I now require the telephone number listed above to be completely removed from your systems.

I am in the view that your continued telephone calls put you in breach of the Protection of Harassment Act 1997.

This is a private telephone line, operated on a contract with the intention of receiving and making personal phone calls, I have not authorised any other member of my family to receive calls from your organisation using this PRIVATE TELEPHONE LINE.

By using this telephone number without my permission you are interferring with my ability to use my own private property for the duration of any call.

It is my right to require that this telephone line, which is licenced solely to myself, is kept clear for my own personal calls.

It is consquently my view that you are commiting the tort of interference with contract insofar as for the duration of each call you make to me without my permission, you are interfering with my contractual right to receive and make personal calls on my private telephone line.

Continued interference with my contractual rights in this manner may result in legal action.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to the Office of Communications, Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you may be liable for a substantial fine.

Be advised that all telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

Regards,

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

I think thats the one! (it comes from the bill payer rather than the debtor doesnt it?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

Yes, as it stands it does :)

Amend to suit..

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .