You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I can understand your frustrations. I would say based upon what youve told us - It goes beyond what would be considered acceptable treatment of a worker. They cant take the phone in the way that they did. The fact that you had to report it to the police is completely unacceptable IMHO.   They really only have the right to tell you not to use your phone. They dont actually have the right to confiscate it from you. But they do have the right to ask you to leave it in a secure location like a locker etc or ask you to switch it off.    Financial Orgs have rules like that in place to protect customer data etc.
    • It's very difficult to read a solid block of text in the way that you have posted. Please would you mind reposting – but properly spaced on punctuated and then I'm sure that you will get the help and advice that you need. Thanks
    • I have just checked my credit file and Lowell have added this to my credit file in June, are they allowed to do this considering the accounts in dispute and they told me they had put the account on hold and had suspended all activity relating to the account, there is no marker showing for July.  
    • hi folks looking for some advice, purchased a set of alloy wheels through a company, that after 8 months wheels have started to erode, and were still under warranty, sent off an email, with pictures of all the wheels, it was not just one this happened on its all 4, after no reply, had put it down to them maybe been closed due to cover, and then called them a few weeks later, to see if they were open and had got my email, to be told they had changed there email, to forward the details onto them, as i did, they got back to me and said as they are now out of warranty as a goodwill gesture they would replace them for me, and was told that they have had problems with this wheel in the pat, and its no longer available, but in order to do this, i would have to drive over 600 miles, accommodation and a journey i am not fit for as i am recovering from cancer, i asked if i could send them back by courier, inconvenience to me as i will have to take vehicle off road to do so, but was told they would not accept them this way, and that they would hold the offer open for 6 months, or the other option was to buy another pair at cost and sell the faulty ones on eBay, was paid for on credit card, any one advice if i have any rights  thank you
    • HI   Further update email   Hi Pauline,   Thanks for your further email.   I can’t advise that you will not need to pay for the remainder of the booking until an alternative you are happy with is found, as this isn’t in line with the terms and conditions agreed to at the time of booking, or the package travel regulations. Customers who wish to keep the holiday in place would need to pay the remaining balance or it will be cancelled at the relevant charges, regardless of whether the hotel is affected.   If a booking is affected our priority will be to source an alternative hotel, to ensure customers can still go on holiday. If a suitable alternative can be provided, in line with the criteria set out in the package travel regulations, no refund will be due if the customer does not wish to travel on the holiday and make use the alternative hotel.   Kind regards,
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi can anyone tell me if i have a case, i tokk out loans with welcome finance and it included ppi, i told them i had to and it was put on in advance, i informed them i didnt want it but they said i had to or i couldnt get the loan and made me sign something, also i had loans with household bank were i had payment protections, unfortunatley i think i may of claimed and also defaulted on the loans, i do not have account number etc, does anyone know if i have a claim. can we also claim of credit cards

Hello willy,

hi can anyone tell me if i have a case, i tokk out loans with welcome finance and it included ppi, i told them i had to and it was put on in advance, i informed them i didnt want it but they said i had to or i couldnt get the loan and made me sign something, also i had loans with household bank were i had payment protections, unfortunatley i think i may of claimed and also defaulted on the loans, i do not have account number etc, does anyone know if i have a claim. can we also claim of credit cards

I am unable to give you sound advice on the information you have provided. It would be wrong of me to advise on the information you have posted.

However please have a look at this information. Read all the information in the links and you will find a massive amount of information to enable you to assess if you have a valid claim on the mis-selling of PPI.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

All new posters this is **important**

links and within this is much much more here are some important bits...

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign

How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

THIS LINK IS IMPORTANT TO YOU ON RECLAIMING IT IS FROM 2001 FROM THE FOS

loan payment protection insurance and a quote from this link...

Quote:

When determining whether a policy is suitable, a seller – whether a lender or an agent for the insurer – must obviously take into consideration any information the prospective policyholder volunteers. However, we do not consider the seller’s duty is limited simply to recording what the borrower discloses. It is only by asking questions that the seller can properly determine suitability. These questions cannot cover every aspect of a borrower’s personal position and should not be expected to do so. To paraphrase the ABI Statement, only those matters deemed to be relevant by the insurer should be the subject of questions

Another useful site to help you reclaim missold PPI UPDATED 16 JUN 08

Reclaim your PPI premiums - payment protection insurance | This is Money

This is a little snippet from the above link....

Can I reclaim on any PPI policy?

Your claim for compensation is dependent on when you took the insurance. PPI sales only came under the jurisdiction of the FSA on 14 January 2005. Any sales made before then are not covered by the latest rules.

However, it may still be worth complaining to your lender if you feel you have been mis-sold. If you bought before January 2005 it is likely that they will have been covered by a previous regime of rules. This means that the Financial Ombudsman Service will be able to consider these complaints. If you took PPI after January 2005, your claim is subject to the latest rules.

For legal issues relating to Data Protection check this link...Lots of very useful info in understandable terms.

Data Protection | OUT-LAW.COM

it includes the following and much much more

Negotiating with the Data Subject (This should be important to Banks)

At this stage, it is advisable to negotiate with the data subject. The location information the data subject will have already given will give a clue as to what it is the data subject really wants to have information about. The benefit of the Data Protection Act 1998 is that it allows data controllers to negotiate with data subjects to get the data subject to specify the exact information he or she wishes to receive.

The data controller is entitled to ask for a fee of £10 and two further pieces of information. Firstly, the data controller must satisfy himself that the person making the request is, in fact, the data subject. The use of a subject access request form is advised, since the greatest breach of a data controller's security is for the data controller to satisfy a subject access request made by a person impersonating the data subject. The use of the form goes towards proving that the data controller has adequate identification and verification procedures in place. Secondly, the data controller is entitled to ask the data subject for further information to enable the data controller to locate the information which that person seeks.

When the last of these three pieces of information has been obtained, the forty day period starts to run. It is advisable to put procedures in place to ensure that the receipt of the request and the further information is correctly dated so that an organisation knows how long it has to satisfy the subject access request.

However, if the data subject is adamant that he or she wishes to receive a copy of everything the data controller holds on him or her, then there is very little the data controller can do about this, and a completely exhaustive search of the computerised and manually held data in the organisation will be required. (nice to know what you see in the Act is what you get)

That is just a taste you will need to read research and ask then prepare to get your money back.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

ok that looks great thanks

do not be daunted by the amount of information. Read through make notes, copy and paste into documents and save to a file on your pc mark up all files for ease of accesss and generally keep tabs on all correspondence and anything you consider useful.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.