Winslo v park motor finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i handed my carf back to park motor finance on wednesday. The inspector is only in newcastle one day a month and never has any appointments unless you want 2 -3 months. I live in newcastle and had to drive 400 miles top newport to return the car.

The list they send you is complete rubbish, they cant impose these 'rules/terms' as the original agreement will say if you have taken 'reasonable care' of the goods. Reasonable care is not defined ont he agreement or in any other paperwork so they cant just impose these rules. My car was a 10yr old merc with 128k on it and i was crapping myself about them trying to charge me for all sorts.

Anyways most of the inspection went ok, but there was a sligh misfire on acceleration on the test drive after an emergency stop. The car was stopped and turned off and drove fine after witht he inspector and myself driving it. He then decided to plug it into his computer and read all the fault codes. He wouldnt really show me the computer but said there was 14 faults. There was no lights on the dash board at all and the car was driving fine, it had also just driven 400 miles!!!

He proceeded to tell me that the car would now be devalued as it had a missfire and i would have to pay for it to be fixed or pay the diffrence of what it should make in auction. How can they possibly say that????

Anyways, they took the car back and said i was to expect a bill of some sort. They can go to hell and i will take them to court. No where on the list they sent me did it say that if there was a problem on roadtest the car would be subject to a full diagnosis check. They just try to intimidate you.

I took about 150 pictures of my car and also did videos of me driving to show it was running fine and no lights on the dash.

Bring it on park motor finance!!

I asked to see them and have a copy of them. he said that it would have to be sent to a garage for a full diagnosis and an estimate cost of repair! and i would have to pay for that!

If Thats The Case Do This

Tell Him To Get A Quote From Three Garages And To Send You The Fault Codes From Each Garage

Say You Want The Lowest Quote

Where Is He Going To Get The Quotes

Merc At There Labour Rates

Dont Stand For This Crap

In full agreement with postggj on this. Don't just pay up, they refused to let you see the fault codes (if there were any) and it is up to them to prove the faults they claim were showing.

And definately as above, do not accept a single quote and make sure you get copies of the quotes on the garage headed paper of where they were done.

They can't insist on a Merc franchise as the law allows repairs at any garage without affecting the warranty, and this would still apply now.

I just noticed this bit:

I asked to see them and have a copy of them. he said that it would have to be sent to a garage for a full diagnosis and an estimate cost of repair! and i would have to pay for that!

An estimate is no good, it could double in price, you must have a Quote. Any competent garage can give a quote.

Edited by Conniff