What free collection of old appliances from Curry's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else had a problem with Currys refusing to take old appliances away on this any item over £150 free collectiona and recycling? I have just had my dishwasher delivered and the driver refused to take my old machiine away as I hadn't ticked a box on the online order form. I explained that I had looked for a box that offered free collection and as there wasn't one I ticked none. The delivery man promised me that Currys would send a lorry to pick it up in the next couple of days. So I took the new machine. Then I rang the customer services to check when they would pick it up and they said that they would not pick it up because I hadn't ticked the box. I said that the box was now on the website (I checked) but was not there when I placed my order. They said I was lying and they would not pick it up. So I called the complaints department who said that no they would not pick it up as I hadn't ticked the box. I again explained that there was no box to tick but they said that there was. I know there is now because I have just checked but there wasn't when I ordered it. Why would I not tick the box to take my old appliance away if there was a box to tick? But they will not pick up my old machine. Obviously its not really free collection as it is reflected in the price of the item, so effectively I have paid for collection. What can I do?

Edited by idontbelieveit
typo's

Hi kabukiman, thanks for responding. I ordered it 17.06.09. It is a hotpoint FDL570A. As soon as the delivery driver said have you ticked the box I told him there was no box to tick and I called up the page on my laptop to show him. I could not believe it when I found that the delivery page has now got a 'free collection' box to tick. I told him I am not stupid, I buy lots off the net and I know how to use websites. And I would hate to pay for a free offer so you can be sure I searched very carefully for a free collection box. It was obviously added after my order but I cannot prove it. My personal feeling is that they are offering it as an incentive for people to buy from them not a competitor so if you buy from them they must assume that you will want the free collection, rather than that the customer has to ask for the offer. I have told their complaints department that I don't want the machine and they can come and take it back and I will have my money back. But on reflection it seems to me I would do better to let them come to pick it up and give the broken machine back to them and keep the new, that way albeit rather messily we all get what we want - they get the sale and I get the collection. Is that too sneaky? =)

Don't know if you can see this page, its dated 13th june

site:currys.co.uk currys hotpoint FDL570A - Google Search

click on "Cached"

This is just the main page, but I have to say there is the option for collection.

Under "services & installation" there's a drop-down menu.

Assuming the date and page is correct, it's a difficult one as not all web pages are kept, esp the one you want.

Just on a more practical point, do you get any benefit from them picking it up, such as a discount on the price?

If not, councils sometimes pick them up for you, or better still, if the machine is still working, I am sure a charity would appreciate it and will have volunteers who can collect it for you.

I believe the drivers on a scrapping route take a larger van, hence them refusing to take your old machine away.

It's the same thing if you buy in store though, we have to ask if they want scrapping or not, in order to book the correct delivery, as the systems show delivery with and without free scrapping.