• Tweets

• Should this to be take into court with him or should he send something in earlier?
    • This is the other sign  parking sign 1a.pdf
    • 4 means that they need to name and then tell the people who will be affected that there has been an application made, what the application relates to (specificially "whether it relates to the exercise of the court’s jurisdiction in relation to P’s property and affairs, or P’s personal welfare, or to both) and what this application contains (i.e what order they want made as a result of it) 5 just means that teh court think it is important that the relevant people are notified 7 means that the court need more information to make the application, hence they have then made the order of paragraph 1 which requires the applicant to do more - this means the court can't make a decision with the current information, and need more, hence paragraph one of the order is for the applicant to do more. paragraph 3 of the order gives you the ability to have it set aside, although if it was made in january you are very late. Were you notiifed of the application or not?    
    • These are the photos of the signs. At the entrance there is a 7h free sign. On some bays there is a permit sign.  Also their official website is misleading as it implies all parking is free.  I can't be certain of the exact parking bay I was in that day, and there was no PCN ticket on my car and no other evidence was provided.  parking sign 2.pdf
    • Hi, In my last post I mentioned I had received an email from SS who were asking me to hand over the keys to my mother’s flat so they could pass them to the Law firm who have been appointed court of protection to access, secure and insure my mother’s property.  Feeling this, all quickly getting out of my hands I emailed ss requesting proof of this. I HAVEN’T HEARD BACK FROM SS.  Yesterday, I received an email (with attached court of protection order) from the Law Firm confirming this was correct (please see below a copy of this).  After reading the court of protection order I do have some concerns about it:   (a)   I only found out yesterday, the Law firm had been appointed by the court back in January.  Up until now, I have not received any notification regarding this.  (b)   Section 2   - States I am estranged from my mother.  This is NOT CORRECT    The only reason I stepped back from my mother was to protect myself from the guy (groomer) who had befriended her & was very aggressive towards me & because of my mother’s dementia she had become aggressive also.  I constantly tried to warned SS about this guy's manipulative behaviour towards my mother and his increasing aggressiveness towards me (as mentioned in previous posts).  Each time I was ignored.  Instead, SS encouraged his involvement with my mother – including him in her care plans and mental health assessments.   I was literally pushed out because I feared him and my mother’s increasing aggression towards me. Up until I stepped back, I had always looked after my mother and since her admission to the care home, I visit regularly.   .(c)    Sections -  4, 5 and 7  I am struggling to understand these as I don’t have a legal background.  I was wondering if there is anyone who might be able to explain what they mean.  It’s been a horrendous situation where I had to walk away from my mother at her most vulnerable because of; ss (not helping), scammer and groomer. I have no legal background, nor experience in highly manipulative people or an understanding of how the SS system operates, finding myself isolated, scared and powerless to the point I haven’t collected my personal belongings and items for my mother’s room in the care home.  Sadly, the court has only had heard one version of this story SS’s, and based their decision on that. My mother’s situation and the experience I have gone through could happen to anyone who has a vulnerable parent.    If anyone any thoughts on this much appreciated.  Thank you. ______________________________________________________  (Below is the Court of Protection Order)  COURT OF PROTECTION                                                                                                                                                                                   No xxx  MENTAL CAPACITY ACT 2005 In the matter of Name xxx ORDER Made by  Depty District Judge At xxx Made on xxx Issued on 18 January 2024  WHEREAS  1.     xxx Solicitors, Address xxx  ("Applicant”) has applied for an order under the Mental Capacity Act 2005.  2.     The Court notes (my mother) is said to be estranged from all her three children and only one, (me) has been notified.  3.     (Me) was previously appointed as Atorney for Property and Affairs for (my mother).  The Exhibity NAJ at (date) refers to (me) and all replacement Attorneys are now officially standing down.  4.     Pursuant to Rule 9.10 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 and Practice Direction 9B the Applicant 2must seek to identify at least three persons who are likely to have an interest in being notified that an application has been issues.”  The children of (my mother), and any other appointed attorneys are likely to have an interest in the application, because of the nature of relationship to (my mother).  5.     The Court considers that the notification requirements are an important safeguard for the person in respect of whom an order is sought.  6.     The Court notes that it is said that the local authority no longer has access to (my mother’s) Property.  7.     Further information is required for the Court to determine the application.  IT IS ORDERED THAT  Within 28 days of the issue date this order, the Applicant shall file a form COP24 witness statement confirming that the other children of (my mother) and any replacement attorneys have been notified of the application and shall confirm their name, address, and date upon which those persons were notified.  If the Applicant wishes the Court to dispense with any further notification, they should file a COP9 and COP24 explaining, what steps (if any) have been taken to attempt notification and why notification should be dispensed with.   Pending the determination of the application to appoint a deputy for (my mother), the Applicant is authorised to take such steps as are proportionate and necessary to access, secure and insure the house and property of (my mother).   This order was made without a hearing and without notice.  Any person affected by this order may apply within 21 days of the date on which the order was served to have the order set aside or varied pursuant to Rule 13.4 of the Court of Protection Rules 2017 (“the Rules”).  Such application must be made on Form COP9 and in accordance with Part 10 Rules.              
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Clampers take car which has LBL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4794 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car which has a lbl was clamped on thurs and taken yesterday, due to having no valid tax disc. I've defaulted on the lbl and they were threatening to come & take car anyway. What i need to know is that if the loan is secured on the car only, and i no longer have it, what happens to the loan. Sorry if this sounds a bit jumbled, the last couple of days have been very stressfull. Do i contact lbl and tell them or wait for them to show up. Thanks any advice would be grateful

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How Was It Clamped

If In The Street, Thats Prob Dvla

Was It In A Car Park, If So, They Have No Claim As It Has A Security By Bill Of Sale From Log Book Loans

Demand Its Return

If Dvla Did It, And It Was On The Road

Give Lbl The Bad News

Heart Bleeds

Hi thanks for replying, yes it was dvla as it had a dvla information leaflet stuck to windscreen. It wasnt on the road as such but in the parking bays that go with the cul de sac that i live in. My heads been all over the place the last few days. I dread having to phone lbl & tell them. What happens to the loan of £850 that i took out last nov. I've paid them over £400 to date, will they chase me for the balance.

First Q,

What are you going to do with your car that was removed?

If you plan to get it back, then you will still own it and LBL will still have a claim over it.

If you plan to let DVLA scrap it, then you no longer have the vehicle and i cannot see how LBL can chase you for payments, seeing as the only thing they can take from you (other than the money you offer to pay) is the car itself.

If you are not going to get the car back from DVLA, make the call to LBL and tell them to go F*** themselves!!! If you cannot bring yourself to do it... ILL DO IT FOR YOU GLADLY, and no doubt countless others here will do it too.

UKD

Hi,

The bill of sale is the security LBL have for their debt, you still owe the money but they cannot use their tactic to bully you by taking the car as someone else has taken the car. I suggest you write to LBL and keep a copy of your letter telling them what has happened, it is then up to them to try and enforce their security. They can pursue you if you default on the loan but if you do not have the car or the money then they will struggle to get anywhere.

Hi again, the clampers want nearly £400 to release car, that includes storage costs, money i'm afraid i don't have. Twice i picked up the phone to call lbl but chickened out. I'll email them tomorrow giving contact info for clampers. I sat this afternoon and actually laughed at my situation, no i'm not mad. Even i could see the funny side, just hope lbl see the funny side too.

Right i've done it, i've emailed lbl to let them know that the car has been seized. I also told them the vehicle pound that the car was taken to should they wish to claim it. No doubt i'll be bombarded with phone calls tomorrow over it. Whats the best way to deal with them. Anyone got any tips cos i think things may turn nasty. They won't send anyone round will they?

Right i've done it, i've emailed lbl to let them know that the car has been seized. I also told them the vehicle pound that the car was taken to should they wish to claim it. No doubt i'll be bombarded with phone calls tomorrow over it. Whats the best way to deal with them. Anyone got any tips cos i think things may turn nasty. They won't send anyone round will they?

Right first off, sit down and pour yourself a nice hot cup of earl grey! AND STOP PANICING!! LOL :)

You have a loan secured on your VEHICLE. And only your vehicle. They might well send someone round to your house (if they are stupid, as you've already told them the car has gone), but all they would be able to take would be your VEHICLE. Not your nice shiny new 52" Plasma or the Hot Tub you just had installed in your 200ft garden.

So if someone DOES come round to your house im pretty sure the conversation would go something like this:

LBL: Hello wheres your car

YOU: Dunno DVLA have reposessed it, go to them and ask for it.

LBL: Oh, ok!

Then calmly but firmly slam the door in their face (you can use the odd expletive if you are so inclined).

They will probably try and tell you that they have the right to break into your home and remove all that you own, including your dog, wardrobe of designer versace, and your Rembrandt hanging on your wall, but they do NOT. You signed an agreement (which is probably void anyway) giving them the right to your CAR only if you default on payments.

You still have not stated what you intend to do with the car?

If you are going to let DVLA scrap it, i would laugh all the way to the bank as there would simply be no vehicle to "levy" against.

Just let LBL deal direct with DVLA along the grounds of "Sorry lbl, you say im not the legal owner of the vehicle, and that YOU (lbl) are.... so you deal with DVLA direct".

This is good....

UKD.

Hi,

The bill of sale is the security LBL have for their debt, you still owe the money but they cannot use their tactic to bully you by taking the car as someone else has taken the car. I suggest you write to LBL and keep a copy of your letter telling them what has happened, it is then up to them to try and enforce their security. They can pursue you if you default on the loan but if you do not have the car or the money then they will struggle to get anywhere.

I 100% agree.

1). the OP does not have the car anymore...

2). LBL are only allowed to take the car if the OP fails to pay...

3). If LBL asks the OP for payments which he/she does not have they can only take the car, NOTHING ELSE

4). See item 1.

I would agree that the OP should simply go back to LBL and ask them to deal direct with DVLA. See how far they get with that.

UKD

What happens to the loan of £850 that i took out last nov. I've paid them over £400 to date, will they chase me for the balance.

Depends.... if you plan to get the car back from DVLA then yes they will chase you for the balance.

If you plan on letting DVLA scrap it, i would go to bed at night feeling that although you have lost your car.... you've got one over on LBL.

UKD

I would have loved to have kept the car, but can't afford to keep it i.e petrol, insurance. It really pains me to think it may be crushed as there were no faults with it & it was a classic. It was my hubbys pride & joy before he signed it over to me. The long & short of it is that i can't pay the clampers what they want to release car. I haven't heard anything from lbl as yet, not sure how quickly they respond to emails. No doubt it will be this afternoon when the s**t hits the fan as they say, that the calls will begin. Lbl will most likely think that this is all deliberate to avoid paying them. I can assure you this hasn't been the case, having your car clamped & taken with all the neighbours watching & smirking at your plight is not funny.

Bingowings,

OK its unfortunate that you are losing your car, but you have accepted it which is good.

Now the thing you have to understand is this.... YOU DIDNT ACTUALLY OWN THE CAR... LBL DID!

So when they contact you saying wheres the f***ing car or words to that effect, simply tell them DVLA has it and as you (lbl) were the rightful owner, you (lbl) should contact the DVLA and sort this out.

And if they get the car back from the DVLA then they have their asset (your car) and should leave you alone. If they dont get it back then they have lost their assset (your car) and can only come after you for what the loan was secured on... YOUR CAR..... WHICH YOU DONT HAVE....

If you can get over losing your car, i would get out a nice big fat cigar, pour a nice glass of bolly, and toast to the fact that yep... you've lost the car, but with the money you have saved paying LBL back and the money you have saved not paying the thieving bastar*s that are clampers, you can get yourself another little runaround and still be quids in!

UKD.

PS i would also advise LBL when they call, to NOT call you again, but to put everything in writing. and hang up.

Have phoned the car pound today and informed them of the situation, they need lbl to contact them, with regards to claiming ownership. 2 emails have been sent to lbl letting them know whats happened & where car is. I haven't been contacted by lbl as yet.

There you go!! you've done your bit.

You've told the DVLA reps. You've told LBL. You don't have to worry about doing anything else...

I just hope DVLA crush your car before lbl gets their grubby mits on it.

i really do......

UKD

I've just received email from LBL to say that they cant find car or loan agreement on system. After checking paperwork its a company called Danesmead trading as LBL, according to the most recent letter received, they claim they've wrote to me on many occasions ( not true ) & that there's over £400 in default charges.

you dont want them to phone. if they email you have a record of it. if they phone they will deny even talking to you if its not in their interest.

The short of it is, if they want your car let them go after it. If they dont go after it and it gets crushed, its not your fault its theirs for not protecting their asset.

UKD

Have just spoken to the vehicle pound who confirm that lbl are in the process of claiming the car. Does anyone know whats likely to happen next, with regards to the loan? No doubt they will sell it cheap as chips & charge me for them releasing car. The car was easily worth between £2k to £3k.

Does anyone know if you can access a bill of sale online. I've just spoken to the courts, they don't give out any info over the phone but are willing for a £40 fee to send one out (thats if there is one)

I have been helping a friend with this but I couldn't get the bos online but she paid £40 to the high court , they are in the process of writing back to her as at first they could not find it but LBL have a stamp on it from the court so the court is looking into this , don't forget to ask if there has been any amendments ( if they requested more time to register etc)when requesting it. I am still learning all about this as I go , but will post if anything is of help.

• 4 weeks later...

The plot thickens with my problem. After informing lbl that i no longer have the car. They have acknowledged this via email, this morning a company called l&e called to reposses it. Told the guy to contact lbl over it as its not in my hands anymore.

hmm odd,

A possible case of harrassment i see before me?

Ring LBL and ask what the **** they are doing? (i would use those exact words) and TRY and record somehow their response, also email them and ask them too so you have something in writing.

UKD.

• 10 months later...

I'm back again, today i've received a letter from Hoben Solicitors with regards to my lbl which i took out via Danesmead Investments t/a lbl. They want nearly 2k within the next 7 days or else. Letter states that its not their intention to enter into protracted correspondence eh? Still don't know if they got the car back from the vechile compound.

The plot thickens with my problem. After informing lbl that i no longer have the car. They have acknowledged this via email, this morning a company called l&e called to reposses it. Told the guy to contact lbl over it as its not in my hands anymore.

This is a ploy, they are confriming you still live at the address, they guy turns up and asks for the car, then bill you for it (added to the loan).

If they call again ask for his name and company-see what happens, i bet they give you a "pool name"-this so that when you call the operators are aware of the team-many people fall for the trap.

Of you could tell them to F*** O** as uk has said.

trooper68

Trooper68:)