Notice before proceedings but Debt is not mine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Last year I received a letter from Mackenzie Hall stating that I owed £750 for a Barclays Credit Card (I had one credit card in the past which was fully paid and was Capital One not Barclays)

I rang the company and asked for a true copy of the alleged agreement, they told me they did not have to do this. Therefore I sent them a letter on 28th May 2008 stating that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 they had to supply me with a copy of the agreement within 30 days or If they fail to validate the debt within this period, then I am no longer liable to pay the debt.

They replied two weeks later saying that they were trying to loacte my agreement.That was the last I heard of them until 18th June 2009 which was a letter from another company called Ruthbridge Limited saying I now owed £832.65.

I never kept the recorded delivery reciept from last year to prove that I sent the letter nor do I still have there letter saying that they were looking for the agreement.What can I do ?

[i do not have the recorded delivery slip to say that I sent the letter a year ago so what can they actually do ??

Edited by darkobird

2u7t9g1.gif

Make a complaint to your local trading standards & the OFT with regards to their harassment and threats, they are in clear breach of OFT guidelines & CPUT, MacKenzie Hall are already under warning for this ;

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/DebtCollectionComplaintForm.DOC

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

[email protected]

tel: 020 7211 5823

The Office of Fair Trading: Debt collection practices

http://oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Hi, thanks for that.

the OFT complaint form says its only for advice agencies and third parties, can i still use this ?

Also, shall I send a letter to Ruthbridge requesting the credit agreement ?

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I sent the letter requesting the agreement on 30.06.09 recorded delivery and have yet to get a reply.How long do they have to reply ?and what do I do now as I need this removing off my credit report ?

They have 12 working days from receipt of your request, but you are in an odd position. Normally after that period payment can be legally be witheld until an enforceable CCA is provided, but as it's not your debt you're not making payments anyway.