You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

feetinthegarden

(hopefully) quick question on Bailiff's Charges...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

Can someone explain to me whether the charges are fair/legal given the following situation - many thanks in advance for any help.

The bailiff's charges for a £185 bus lane fine are as follows:

Letter fee: 11.20 + VAT

Visit/Levy Fee 1: 55.00 + VAT

Attendance to Remove: 143.04 + VAT

The problem I have is that the Bailiff only attended my (parents') house once, and also did not have any means with which to remove my car, which is the only possession I have there as I don't actually live there (long story, but basically I was abroad and was storing my car/had my mail directed there while I was away).

Can they make two separate charges for one visit? And if so, can they also claim that they were going to remove my car on the first visit when they obviously hadn't brought any reasonable way to achieve this?!

Many thanks