RBS lavish more money on top execs - more grist for the mill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Good question.

My own view is that I'm totally in favour of sponsoring talented sportsmen/women, that contributes to society, to sport and to National pride.

It's another matter entirely to flagrantly spend such extravagant amounts of money on self gratifying hospitality, in view of their recent history and the current climate. That I can't swallow.

But that's just my opinion :D

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa
he longest unpunctuated sentence I've ever written..:-)

Are you aware that Andy Murray is sponsored by RBS Group(or should they not sponsor him)?

and your point is?

they are not sponsoring him, the taxpayer is!

Boring yourbank!

you are always in defence of RBS...company man.

AC

and they are going to pay Mr hester loads on money

BBC NEWS | Business | RBS boss set for £9.6m pay deal

RBS boss set for £9.6m pay deal

Royal Bank of Scotland is this week expected to approve a pay package worth up to £9.6m for its chief executive Stephen Hester. The remuneration deal was agreed on Friday by RBS chairman Sir Philip Hampton and its leading shareholders.

Royal Bank of Scotland is this week expected to approve a pay package worth up to £9.6m for its chief executive Stephen Hester. The remuneration deal was agreed on Friday by RBS chairman Sir Philip Hampton and its leading shareholders.

70% of RBS is owned by the Taxpayer

We are the leading shareholders!

I didn't agree this, Did You fellow shareholders?

AC

Anyone received their share certificates yet? ;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

For AC, cos I know you will bring out that old record. His pay is 1.2 million squid.

"The package is made up of £1.2m in pay, up to £2m in non-cash bonuses and up to £6.4m in long-term incentives. "

"The long-term incentives will only be payable if share price targets are hit over the next three years. "

Furthermore, for AC, I don't work for RBS Group, I don't speak for RBS Group, and I don't have their manual hanging around my intestines anymore.

However, I do read, I do think about things for 10 seconds and I do see non stories like the tennis one was.

Have you made a complaint to UKFI about the tennis and Steven Hester's pay as you feel they are obscene and asked why they feel that sanctioning this is fair on the taxpayer.(I think you should at least so that you can vent to the right people and receive an adequate response why they are not interested in your viewpoint).

Out of interest, ball park figure, how much would you pay Steven Hester which you believe is a fair price for a FTSE 100 company CEO?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thats the old chestnut isnt it? We must pay silly salaries otherwise we wont get the right calibre of person in post as they will go abroad and be CEO of other top companies. How many would get a job in say a top US company? Dont forget that most FTSE 100 company directors are paid after consultation with "independant" remunerative committees, but those on the committes are normally non-exec directors of other FTSE 100 companies who follow the lead on pay and share options of the others. This includes those who are leading shareholders.

This is no different (worse in fact) to MP`s deciding their own rate of pay, at least they face a voting public every 5 yrs.

The commons select committee investigation into the financial mess of the banks was an eye opener, many of the "best people" in the country didnt understand or know what was going on, oh dear.

My dealings with RBS/Mint show the staff to be rude, ignorant, unhelpful, illiterate and not very bright;) As far as sponsorship my opinion is that the should not be paying any money out at all while in their present state. In many cases sponsorship is done to provide a "jolly" for a select few and their friends, free tickets to centre court courtesy of Mr Murray anyone? Or would that invite be to Mr Hester & co only?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

RBS get bailed out to the tune of billions giving the taxpayer a 70% stake in the company, and this goes through contrary to what the taxpayer would want.

Well, lets just say the tail is wagging the dog, as the government should have put in strict conditions in order for bailing out the company - i.e. for that 70% share to be represented in voting rights and seats on the board, obviously this didnt happen.

All alludes to the banks taking more control over society (NWO), after all the current economic climate was created to them, and the fact that credit isn't flowing is why there has been no economic recovery.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

LOL yourbank, you crack up!!!!

Why couldn't we all have had some of the Champers, Strawberries and Cream?

after all we all hold a 70% stake in RBS?

Oh, and does that mean that when I go into town and need a loo, that I can now pop into a handy branch of NatWest and/or, RBS to relieve myself?

share/stakeholder priviilege.

Lastly, the amounts that Mr. Hester will be paid are obscene and totally out of order!

AC

Well, I'd no idea my thread would evince such a reaction! :eek:

This is, last time I looked, the Consumer Action Group, not the Bank Action Group?

I am aware of who you are, Yourbank, and have immense respect what you have been through and for the help you have provided to others on here.

Sadly in my working life I was too busy running a busy Casualty Department by night and caring for my terminally ill husband by day to branch out into a degree in banking. My views, common as they may be, are those of a typical member of the public in terms of banking.

The old adage "justice must not only be done, but must be seen to be done" stands firm here. I have seen nothing yet to justify the extravagance of the salary paid to Steven Hester, but in all fairness I would have no idea how to set a fair salary.

I personally am far more impressed with human virtues of compassion, willingness to help others, bravery or talents such as musical, sporting or artistic ability than I am by people coldly and calculatingly able to make a profit.

How much should you pay a doctor? Fireman? Mountain Rescue Worker?

Perhaps if I had been paid on commission for successful rescuscitations I wouldn't be in the position I am in now..being spoken down to by bank staff with 3 CSE's who know even less than my meagre knowledge of the Consumer Credit Act, because the Government f**cked up my pension when I was seriously injured at work and my bank, who previously threw money at me, didn't want to know.

I come on here for support, and try and give as much as I get, and raise a smile when I can, not to argue or to be made to feel ignorant, so after this I'm unsubscribing from my own thread.

Elsa xx

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

OH Dear, sad to see Undercover-Elsa unsubscribe from her own thread!?

nattie, I do not believe that UKFI will be at all swayed by the opinion(s) of the general consumer!

UKFI | Home

Let us see whether Mr. Hester brings about the £8 Billion profit for the Taxpayer's coffers.

Furthermore, just goes to show that, if UKFI are prepared to fork out the exhorbitant fees for Mr. Hester's services, RBS must be in one hell of a mess...I believe that we know they are.

Lastly, Mr. Hester should settle with parties who have a claim against RBS for the repayment of penalty charges and/or mis-selling of PPI.

AC

For AC, cos I know you will bring out that old record. His pay is 1.2 million squid. (Just for turning up) Still too much, how does one justify this amount for one person, sorry but if the old saying you pay for what you want is true nobody no matter how good they are supposed to be is worth this amount

Out of interest, ball park figure, how much would you pay Steven Hester which you believe is a fair price for a FTSE 100 company CEO? around £250K a year with a bonus if they get their company to perform well, also will a stipulation that if performance is not met then they take a hit.

PGH

70% of RBS is owned by the Taxpayer

We are the leading shareholders!

I didn't agree this, Did You fellow shareholders?

AC

Well said angry cat!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,