You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Undercover-Elsa

RBS lavish more money on top execs - more grist for the mill

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4038 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Yet more votes lost for the government then :rolleyes:

Perhaps they'll spend my SAR money on a punnet of Strawberries... :p

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

The revolution cannot come soon enough in this country.

HEAR, HEAR!

Do they really know what they are doing?

AC

Are you aware that Andy Murray is sponsored by RBS Group(or should they not sponsor him)?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

:) Good question.

My own view is that I'm totally in favour of sponsoring talented sportsmen/women, that contributes to society, to sport and to National pride.

It's another matter entirely to flagrantly spend such extravagant amounts of money on self gratifying hospitality, in view of their recent history and the current climate. That I can't swallow.

But that's just my opinion :D

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa
he longest unpunctuated sentence I've ever written..:-)

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Are you aware that Andy Murray is sponsored by RBS Group(or should they not sponsor him)?

and your point is?

they are not sponsoring him, the taxpayer is!

Boring yourbank!

you are always in defence of RBS...company man.

AC

and they are going to pay Mr hester loads on money

BBC NEWS | Business | RBS boss set for £9.6m pay deal

RBS boss set for £9.6m pay deal

Royal Bank of Scotland is this week expected to approve a pay package worth up to £9.6m for its chief executive Stephen Hester. The remuneration deal was agreed on Friday by RBS chairman Sir Philip Hampton and its leading shareholders.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Obscene :mad:

Royal Bank of Scotland is this week expected to approve a pay package worth up to £9.6m for its chief executive Stephen Hester. The remuneration deal was agreed on Friday by RBS chairman Sir Philip Hampton and its leading shareholders.

70% of RBS is owned by the Taxpayer

We are the leading shareholders!

I didn't agree this, Did You fellow shareholders?

AC

Nope, maybe we can have a shareholder revolt:D

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Anyone received their share certificates yet? ;)

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

No!

Where are they?

Better ask Mr. G Brown.

AC

The rich get richer whilst the poor get poorer....thanks alot G.Brown :mad:

For AC, cos I know you will bring out that old record. His pay is 1.2 million squid.

"The package is made up of £1.2m in pay, up to £2m in non-cash bonuses and up to £6.4m in long-term incentives. "

"The long-term incentives will only be payable if share price targets are hit over the next three years. "

Furthermore, for AC, I don't work for RBS Group, I don't speak for RBS Group, and I don't have their manual hanging around my intestines anymore.

However, I do read, I do think about things for 10 seconds and I do see non stories like the tennis one was.

Have you made a complaint to UKFI about the tennis and Steven Hester's pay as you feel they are obscene and asked why they feel that sanctioning this is fair on the taxpayer.(I think you should at least so that you can vent to the right people and receive an adequate response why they are not interested in your viewpoint).

Out of interest, ball park figure, how much would you pay Steven Hester which you believe is a fair price for a FTSE 100 company CEO?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Thats the old chestnut isnt it? We must pay silly salaries otherwise we wont get the right calibre of person in post as they will go abroad and be CEO of other top companies. How many would get a job in say a top US company? Dont forget that most FTSE 100 company directors are paid after consultation with "independant" remunerative committees, but those on the committes are normally non-exec directors of other FTSE 100 companies who follow the lead on pay and share options of the others. This includes those who are leading shareholders.

This is no different (worse in fact) to MP`s deciding their own rate of pay, at least they face a voting public every 5 yrs.

The commons select committee investigation into the financial mess of the banks was an eye opener, many of the "best people" in the country didnt understand or know what was going on, oh dear.

My dealings with RBS/Mint show the staff to be rude, ignorant, unhelpful, illiterate and not very bright;) As far as sponsorship my opinion is that the should not be paying any money out at all while in their present state. In many cases sponsorship is done to provide a "jolly" for a select few and their friends, free tickets to centre court courtesy of Mr Murray anyone? Or would that invite be to Mr Hester & co only?

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

RBS get bailed out to the tune of billions giving the taxpayer a 70% stake in the company, and this goes through contrary to what the taxpayer would want.

Well, lets just say the tail is wagging the dog, as the government should have put in strict conditions in order for bailing out the company - i.e. for that 70% share to be represented in voting rights and seats on the board, obviously this didnt happen.

All alludes to the banks taking more control over society (NWO), after all the current economic climate was created to them, and the fact that credit isn't flowing is why there has been no economic recovery.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

LOL yourbank, you crack up!!!!

Why couldn't we all have had some of the Champers, Strawberries and Cream?

after all we all hold a 70% stake in RBS?

Oh, and does that mean that when I go into town and need a loo, that I can now pop into a handy branch of NatWest and/or, RBS to relieve myself?

share/stakeholder priviilege.

Lastly, the amounts that Mr. Hester will be paid are obscene and totally out of order!

AC

The public will get its revenge on the banks..mark my words.

Well, I'd no idea my thread would evince such a reaction! :eek:

This is, last time I looked, the Consumer Action Group, not the Bank Action Group?

I am aware of who you are, Yourbank, and have immense respect what you have been through and for the help you have provided to others on here.

Sadly in my working life I was too busy running a busy Casualty Department by night and caring for my terminally ill husband by day to branch out into a degree in banking. My views, common as they may be, are those of a typical member of the public in terms of banking.

The old adage "justice must not only be done, but must be seen to be done" stands firm here. I have seen nothing yet to justify the extravagance of the salary paid to Steven Hester, but in all fairness I would have no idea how to set a fair salary.

I personally am far more impressed with human virtues of compassion, willingness to help others, bravery or talents such as musical, sporting or artistic ability than I am by people coldly and calculatingly able to make a profit.

How much should you pay a doctor? Fireman? Mountain Rescue Worker?

Perhaps if I had been paid on commission for successful rescuscitations I wouldn't be in the position I am in now..being spoken down to by bank staff with 3 CSE's who know even less than my meagre knowledge of the Consumer Credit Act, because the Government f**cked up my pension when I was seriously injured at work and my bank, who previously threw money at me, didn't want to know.

I come on here for support, and try and give as much as I get, and raise a smile when I can, not to argue or to be made to feel ignorant, so after this I'm unsubscribing from my own thread.

Elsa xx

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

OH Dear, sad to see Undercover-Elsa unsubscribe from her own thread!?

nattie, I do not believe that UKFI will be at all swayed by the opinion(s) of the general consumer!

UKFI | Home

Let us see whether Mr. Hester brings about the £8 Billion profit for the Taxpayer's coffers.

Furthermore, just goes to show that, if UKFI are prepared to fork out the exhorbitant fees for Mr. Hester's services, RBS must be in one hell of a mess...I believe that we know they are.

Lastly, Mr. Hester should settle with parties who have a claim against RBS for the repayment of penalty charges and/or mis-selling of PPI.

AC

For AC, cos I know you will bring out that old record. His pay is 1.2 million squid. (Just for turning up) Still too much, how does one justify this amount for one person, sorry but if the old saying you pay for what you want is true nobody no matter how good they are supposed to be is worth this amount

Out of interest, ball park figure, how much would you pay Steven Hester which you believe is a fair price for a FTSE 100 company CEO? around £250K a year with a bonus if they get their company to perform well, also will a stipulation that if performance is not met then they take a hit.

PGH

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

70% of RBS is owned by the Taxpayer

We are the leading shareholders!

I didn't agree this, Did You fellow shareholders?

AC

Well said angry cat!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,