You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

brassica

pay obligations during notice period

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4040 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have been in a job since January09. This had no probation period and a 6 month notice period from both me and the company.

I wish to leave as I am away from home for days and also weekends occasionally. So it does not suit family life for me.

So my plan is to hand in my notice and leave in 6 months time. What I want to ensure is that the company are duty bound to pay me for the next 6 months. On balance I seem to think they are but what niggles me is that I have only been there 5 months? Do I have less rights due to my length of employment?

Views welcomed

If 6 months notice is required as per contract then you have nothing to worry about.

I will flag your question for our resident expert on these matters.:)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

Freaky is right - if it says 6 months notice on your contract and you work that notice then you should be paid throughout the notice period.

If your employer didn't pay you they would be in breach of contract and therefore you could bring a claim for wrongful dismissal (not unfair dismissal as you have less than 12 months service).

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks very much for your replies Freaky and Ell :)