You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4013 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am now into Cagging barclays for a ppi refund due to the fact i was told it was a condition of the loan and it was added as a single premium at the start of the loan

i have all the paper work and payment history so the questions i have are...

1, can i send a pre-lim giving 14 days to respond ?

2, then can i send a LBA with 14 days to respond ?

and then court?

or do i have to go through the FOS

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

hi beck i think the bank has 8 wks to respond to your initial complaint then it is up to you whether you want to use the fos or the courts, the only thing is if you use the court first then fos then wont look at your complaint, however if you are not satified with the fos decision you can then challenge this in court, im sure someone whose more experienced than me will clarify this for you good luck :-)

• Haha 1

hi beck i think the bank has 8 wks to respond to your initial complaint then it is up to you whether you want to use the fos or the courts, the only thing is if you use the court first then fos then wont look at your complaint, however if you are not satified with the fos decision you can then challenge this in court, im sure someone whose more experienced than me will clarify this for you good luck :-)

Ceri has it correct with this statement. Whatever action you decide to take, I would advise you to do your homework in the PPI forum or Legal forum. There is a lot of information in the stickies at the top of the page and also in the Consumer forum libraries.

The FOS route is long but the FOS are upholding 90% of complaints that is a good point. Another good point is that if you go via the FOS it will cost Barclays a fee of £500 payable to the FOS for dealing with your complaint. If you go via Court make sure you have legal advice from the site legal forum.

General advice is do lots of research and reading from other threads and forums on the site and prepare.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi beck mine is with the FOS which has been since oct last year i was appointed a ajudistcator that was 3months ago that was the last time i had an update with the FOS it is along process its just sitting and waiting to see the outcome i hope i get a result? good luck with yours:)

Just wondering how long the FOS route takes ??? any idea's

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

most people are reporting between 9 - 12 months at the moment beck because they are so busy:(

A lot can depend on you and how you present all the correspondence to the FOS. It is best to send it with item numbers so you have a record of the sequence of events.

Item 1 Your SAR

Item 2 their response or if no response

Item 2 your non compliance letter

etc

etc

keep at least two copies of everything and keep it in order and not necessarily date order as letters cross.

The more information you give the FOS including any follow up correspondence after you lodge a complaint the better informed they will be. Remember they will also be asking barclays to supply their side of the story.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Dont need to SAR as i have all the paperwork

When i needed the loan it took less than 15 mins in branch office

walked out of office and withdrue cash at counter as a bankers draft:)

reason for loan = to buy into a business (going self employed):)

not told PPI optional:)

I was not asked if I had any other insurance which would cover the loan:)

I was not told I could buy PPI elsewhere to cover the loan:)

It was not explained to me that there were certain exclusions within the policy that could affect me:)

paid upfront for the PPI but it was not explained that there were some PPI policies where I could pay monthly.:)

I was not made aware of the specific exclusions relating to unemployment cover.:)

It was not explained to me that the policy premium would be paid upfront as a single premium and would be added to my debt and attract interest.:)

all ppi paperwork and T&C's followed 9 days later:)

Hopefully i have ticked enough boxes to get a refund of the PPI

Sent request yesterday - Barclays will have it today by 1pm

If no refund, FOS route I think

Caggers, thanks for all the advice to date

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

my PPI complaint went to the FOS in Jan 2008, it has yet to be allocated :(

however as others have said they are upholding most of the complaints so hopefully worth the long wait :rolleyes:

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Jan 2008 !!!!! i would be on the phone every B****y Week

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Jan 2008 !!!!! i would be on the phone every B****y Week

I tried that, it doesn't work.....

I'm just hoping that my file comes to the top of the pile soon, my complaint is for £2k worth of PPI :)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

i hope you are at the top soon

i know it's a bad thing to say ..... 8% intrest in good right now

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Need a bit of brain help here please......

PPI was paid UPFRONT as part of loan

and i have made 61 payments (61 x £63.02 + 8% stat comming back)

but obviously the current loan still has part of the upfront ppi in it

how do i calc what needs to be repaid or minused of the loan

any help please ????

Beck

TSB = Mexican Stand Off