B&Q kitchen that has turned out to be a nightmere

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will keep this short for now we bought and paid for a kitchen from B&Q for nearly £8000 on the 2nd of February this year.The fitter's were supplied by B&Q the firm was called ALLTRADES NETWORK they started on the 20th of April after less than 2 weeks(they should have been finished with-in a week anyway)they were kicked off the job.In fact they know longer work for B&Q anyway we got intouch with the installation's Manager who organised a 2nd lot of fitter's (or should i say my wife did all the phoning) and they started at the end of April.At that point we went away for 2 weeks to our caravan and we were promised by the Installation's Manager that it would be complete on our return.Any we got back to what can only be discribed as a total B---S up we phoned the Installation's Manager again who came down 2 days later only for him to say he was lost for words at the state of the workmanship and could not apologies enough and would sort it out ASAP.My Mother-in-Law & Sister-in-Law both had kitchen's fitted by B&Q just before we had ours fitted and it was a realy good job.So we have asked for the same fitter's who are starting ours on the 29th of June basically they are going to start again with new units in places were they are damaged in some way,knocking off all the tiles.Probobly having to plaster again to which is going to make a mess.We are having a new sink,Hob & oven again as they are scratched we are just completely stressed out and wish we had never started this will be the 3rd lot of fitter's to try and install it by the time they hopfully finish it will have taken over 10 weeks.Does anyone know how there compensation works i have been told it works on a sliding scale.I would be gratefull if anyone know what my chances of compensation may be thankyou to anyone listening to me rant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Knowing B&Q, they will offer you some gift vouchers to be used in store, this way they only lose around half the money they would if they were offering you cash in compensation....