You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

sooo stressed

contence insurance nightmare !!!!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4031 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hiya

I was burgled 4weeks ago they got in through my room window as far as i can remember it was shut but there was no damage... we had a lady come out from the insurance and took photos and wanted to see receipts and boxs ? we have had contence insurance for 10 years and never claimed and only recently moved from natwest to quote line anyways to cut a long story short we havent heard anything ???? at all when we phone them they just say it hasnt been sorted yet well friday the police phoned and they had caught the burglar and he had admitted to burglin us and on searching his house he had none of our posessions in his property we have phoned the insurance to let them know and we r still no wiser aint gotta clue what to do next any ideas ??????

Thanks in advance

Jules

Write to your insurer, as a complaint, reminding them that they are obliged to settle or reject the claim ASAP and to pay out ASAP. Remind them that the police have been involved, have caught the burglar and provide details such as the crime ref no, police station tel no, name of officer etc.

As for receipts, it is an unfair practice for an insurer to unreasonably insist on receipts. All that is required is proof of the loss. This could be a box or container, or even, in the example of a stolen TV, indents in the carpet where the TV was. Generally, insurers should not refuse your claim, even without proof, unless they have good reason.

The reason I say to put is as a complaint is that it seems to be the only language insurers understand. A complaint puts them on a deadline, which if not met or if their decision is unjust, you can refer to the FOS. You shouldn't have to do it, but if insurers keep messing about and delaying things, then tough on them.

thanks for your reply i passed on all the information i had including the crime refrence incidnet number ... i also spoke to the officer in charge from the burglary unit and passed on all details from him, they have now said they want to send out some more paperwork for us to complete so they can acess the files from the police, ? is this normail practise ? i will write them a letter of complaint tonite n email it them

thanks

Not too sure about normal practice - most of my experience is in motor.

The reason why I said to "remind" them of the details is so that they cannot moan they were waiting for info. If they do not have all the information required, they should have advised you ASAP, not wait for you to chase up.

gyzmo is dead right on this one. It's a bloody pain to have to repeat things all the time, and on priniple you would be right to expect a better service. However my opinion is that even if it is annoying, anything that helps you get what you want as quickly as you can is worthwhile doing.

I agree on the complaint point as well. Even tho insurers are bound to answer in a certain time the regulatory authorities are not nearly as hard on them as they are for missing the deadline of responding to a complaint. It's sad but it's almost like it's worth making any request a formal complaint these days just to get some action going :(

+edit

It's also worth a couple quid to send this all recorded delivery. That way they can't 'not have received' it.

its till not sorted n i am begining to loose my temper with then there quick enough to take the money but paying out id totally diffrent i am going to write a letter of complaint tonite and send it recorded delivery just cant believe they take this long tho !!!!! also had a phone call from some jewlers insurance regarding my chain that was stolen so is this a sign of progession ? or am i too optomistic ??? lol thanks for all ur advice xx

Jules