You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

jotheblondeone

NCO/Westminsters solicitors - not my debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4039 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi a couple of months ago I received a card from NCO asking to contact them about a debt. The card was not in my name or the previous house owner's name, from 11 years ago, but was to my address. After a little research on the internet about people having problems with this company, I chose to ignore the card and the second one that came. I then had a letter saying legal action was the next step. The letter contained details of the debt (Orange communications debt of £541).

I contacted Orange and explained the situation, they looked at the account number and told me it was no longer an active account and that it was not in the name given on the letter or my own name. They advised I send the letter back to NCO, stating that they have wrong person, which I did, also explaining what Orange had said re. account details.

I have now received a letter from Westminsters Solicitors threatening legal action within 7 days from 17th June, if I do not pay the amount owing. I find this most ridiculous as I am not, nor never have been, the name they are writing too, so how can they start legal action action against someone who does not live at my address.

I just wanted a little advice as to what to do now. Do I contact this solicitors or just ignore everything they send.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jo

I'd ignore the muppets completely. If the idiots are stupid enough to send court papers through we can give plenty of advice on what to do to defend. But 99% of the time it's all hot air and empty threats. Do not phone the morons under any circumstances.

Hi, thanks - that's what I thought I should do - I mean how can they take me to court when I am not the person they are after. I find it strange that this has come out of the blue though ..... why? The account was an actual account with Orange but not in the name they are addressing the cards too, and it is no longer an active account anyway (it was a contract mobile account btw). I mean if someone of that name had lived here before myself and the previous owner why wait 12 years to ask for payment. Bizarre!