Admin Fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

If anyone could offer a little help I would be very grateful.

I have received a letter from a Debt Collection Agency regarding a debt of £175 with a company I never heard of. they have stated that the debt has been assigned to them and "in accordance with the Data Protection Act I can request a copy of personal information on their computers for a fee of £10.00".

I have read some of the threads on this site and was just wandering if I should send the 'General Debt Letter - if you know nothing about the debt' or the 'CCA request' from the library of letters on this site? On the CCA request it states a fee of £1.00. Do I send £1.00 or £10.00 as a postal order?

Many thanks for your help.

RC

Hello everyone

If anyone could offer a little help I would be very grateful.

I have received a letter from a Debt Collection Agency regarding a debt of £175 with a company I never heard of. they have stated that the debt has been assigned to them and "in accordance with the Data Protection Act I can request a copy of personal information on their computers for a fee of £10.00".

:lol::lol::lol:who is this cheeky outfit?

I have read some of the threads on this site and was just wandering if I should send the 'General Debt Letter - if you know nothing about the debt' or the 'CCA request' from the library of letters on this site? On the CCA request it states a fee of £1.00. Do I send £1.00 or £10.00 as a postal order?

£1.00 for cca.

Many thanks for your help.

RC

send prove it first

template 18

see what they come back with

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Slightly off-topic, but on the subject of admin fees, Allied International sent me one of those 'here's your pound back - we've shut your account' letters, which is fine, but it also states the following :-

PLEASE ALSO ENSURE THAT NO FURTHER PAYMENTS ARE MADE TO THIS ACCOUNT, AND ALSO CANCEL ANY STANDING ORDER MANDATES, WHICH ARE SET UP FOR THIS ACCOUNT.

FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN AN ADMINISTRATION CHARGE OF 25% ON ALL FUTURE PAYMENTS.

You can almost detect the gnashing teeth here, can't you? 'We're having the last word' - can't even stop issuing warnings even in a 'we give in' letter.

Administration charges, eh? OFT, I think...

Administration charges, eh? OFT, I think...

Is it worth sending a copy of the letter to the OFT with a complaint or just holding on to for now for possible further use?

Is it worth sending a copy of the letter to the OFT with a complaint or just holding on to for now for possible further use?

I would inform the OFT.

might get them another slap:lol:

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Hiya

what exactly am I saying in this letter? received this letter (copy attahched)... asking for £10 for information... this is against part xx of the xxx act and I wish to report them for this offence?

something like that? Does anyone know what I can replace the xx's with?

i've looked in the letters library but couldnt see anything - sorry if I'm being a bit thick!

Thank you

Hi RC,

It's most irregular for them to make an initial approach with a request for £10 for your data. Not sure whether it's against regulations - someone else may know otherwise though. Maybe it's a new money making enterprise on their part!

I'd just use template 18, and incorporate within it something on the lines of:

"I find it extremely irregular that you should contact me regarding a debt of which I have no knowledge, demanding £10 for a copy of "my" data. I will be forwarding a copy of your letter to the Office of Fair Trading, together with a complaint."

Cheeky devils, they must be hard up!!

Elsa x