You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I moved into my currount house just over 3 years ago. When i moved in the sky engineer put the dish up and said to me that i won't get a signal in the summer months because of large trees but there is nowhere else he can put the dish. Every summer i have had about 4-5 months where i have had pretty much no signal but bearing in mind what he said did nothing about it. This year the signal started going in February so in May i phoned up and said i am going to have to cancel because it's getting silly. As a result they said they would send an engineer out to move the dish and i could claim back the three months that i had not received a signal that year. Sure enough the engineer came out and moved the dish down the wall and hey preso a perfect signal. I contacted sky to get my three months worth of subs back and they told me they would not give me them as i only phoned them on 1st May.

I am absolutely discusted at this. I have lost about 9-10 months of viewing due to their engineers incompetance. What can I do about it?

Woodwa5:mad:

Hi Woodwa5

Not sure if it will do any good but here are the CEO's details

Mr Jeremy Darroch

CEO

British Sky Broadcasting Group

Grant Way

Isleworth

Middlesex

TW7 5QD

I was sick and tired of them fobbing me off and wrote to him - I actually got a half decent response although they have now mucked everything up again so I am back to square one!

T :)

I don't think you will have much luck in claiming that back. Sky do not have to compensate for loss of viewing due to any equipment or outside faults. They will normally give credit from the day the engineer is booked until he arrives as a goodwill for booking the engineer through sky.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)