• Tweets

• I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
    • You could send an SAR to DCbl on the pretext that you are going for a breach of your GDPR . They should then send the purported letter of discontinuance which may show why it ended up in Gloucester and see if you can get your  costs back on the day. It obviously won't be much but  at least perhaps a small recompense for your wasted day. Not exactly wasted since you had a great win  albeit much sweeter if you had beat them in Court. But a win is a win so well done. We will miss you as it has been almost two years since you first started out on this mission. { I would n't be surprised if the wrong Court was down to DCBL}. I see you said "till the next time" but I am guessing you will be avoiding private patrolled car parks for a while.🙂
    • It is extremely disappointing that you haven't told us anything about the result of the hearing. You came here at the very last minute and the regulars - all unpaid volunteers - sweated blood trying to get an acceptable Witness Statement prepared in an extremely short time. The least you could have done is tell us how the hearing went, information invaluable for future users. Evidently not.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

re: park motor finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i recently spoke to park motor finance regarding the voluntary termination of my hire purchase with them, they sent out a letter stating i owed £592, £290 of this is in call and letter charges which were sent when my direct debit had failed, i was wondering if there was anyway these charges could be withdrawn from the final settlement?

Hello and Welcome, Rebecca.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum, hopefully you'll get some help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Are you sure you can't continue and complete the purchase?

They will check it for every mark and send you a bill for hundred for repairs before sending it to auction and then claiming it did not get as much as you owed and want you to pay that as well.

Because the banks rip people off, every other finance house thinks the banks have set a precedent with the charges and add on the same arbitrary amount. They have no bearing on the actual cost of writing to you.

I'm going to hijack this thread as it's my daughter's - they are not in a position to continue as her partner is only working a two day week so it has to go. They have been sent a comprehensive list of what is not classed as wear and tear - in other words it would be ok if they had just put it in the garage and not bothered to drive it!

I've told them to sar, so we are waiting a breakdown of costs but apparrently they have been charged £30 a letter and £30 a phone call!!

One other issue is they've been told they have to take the car to Newcastle - over a hundred miles away - to have it assessed before they will accept it back. Can they do this as there was no mention of this in the agreement he originally signed? Any ideas would be appreciated :)

There's every possibility that the agreement of this firm is unenforceable so lets see if we can go on the offensive. - After redacting all personal info post the agreement here so we can have a look and if it is then your daughter can go after them demanding that they repay the monies already paid;)

Also if there is PPI or other insurance mis-selling it may add to the unforceability of the agreement & any compensation paid:D

We'll teach the bugg*rs for trying to rip her off:mad:

I can't post it at the moment as I don't have it, however they will be here tomorrow so will do it then. Are we talking about requesting the original agreement from Park?

Thank you so much for the replies, most helpful.

I think JC has the right direction to go. Post the agreement up.

The agreement they signed when they took out the finance.

If you have already done the sar, make sure you stick to the timescales.

I also had to pay about 300 quid of 'charges' before i could hand the car back.

Ive just been reading the finance agreement and this is what it says in the T+C

Your duties

a) Take reasonable care of the goods. To acheive this you must, at your expense, keep the goods in good condition and repair any damage excluding fair wear and tear.

b) Not remove any name plate or identification mark on the goods or change their registration number without our express written permission.

c) Not use the goods, or allow them to be used unlawfully and obtain at your own expense any licence relating to the goods required by law.

d) Allow us to inspect and test the goods at all reasonable times

e) Enure goods have a valid MOT test certificate and valid road fund licence and if applicable an operating licence.

f) Write at once to us if you change address

g) Advise us if you intend to take the goods out of mainland england, scotland or wales.

h) Keep all documents referred to in this agreement.

Your right to end this agreement or to settle it early

You may bring this agreement to an end early in one of two way

a) You may terminate the agreement early by giving us notice of your request to do so and paying the sums set out int he statuatory notice 'termination: your rights' overleaf and returning the car to us. You must then return the goods together with the registration document, MOT test certificate, road fund licence disc and any related documents to us at your own expense. If you have breached your obligation to take reasonable care of the goods you will also pay us an amount recompese us for that breach. Such payments for cover for example, an amount required to repair any damage to the goods, deterioation to the value of the goods by its use as a taxi.

Then it says about paying it off etc....

In my situation though, there was no damage? the car missfired once and then all way ok, no check engine lights etc....there was obviously a missfire one a cyclinder but this could be down to bad petrol or anything?

Still, no where does it say they have the right to do a full diagnosis check on a computer? They said 14 fault codes were on. Fault codes get stored on the memory if they have had a problem. It has never been on a computer in the 3 years ive had it so those faults that were logged could have been from before i got it?

They said they would 'HAVE' to sell it stating it had a missfire, and that i would have to pay the diffrence of what it did sell for and what it 'SHOULD' have sold for. How can they put a figure on what it 'SHOULD' have sold for? I have a glass's trade guide book that states the car is worth 1100 in the trade??? Later in the conversation i said i want a copy of the auction sheet that goes on the front of the car to make sure it say 'SOLD WITH A MISSFIRE' he said that it wouldnt be on there and the buyers would know it had a missfire from listening to it. The biggest heap of bull ever becuase i know the car was running great after it was turned off and back on. I even drove it round the car park with him after this argument to show him it was fine and had NO MISSFIRE!!! The inspector doesnt work for park, but his is OBVIOUSLEY on commision to make them money!

The other thing was when they were being arsed and saying my car was devalued etc i offered to buy it from them at what it would make in the auction. I had my glass's trade guide as im a part time motor trader. The car booked at 1100 in my book, and 1900 in his ( that was his words i was never shown the book ) and he expected it to make 3000 + so wanted 3500 off me to buy the car!!

Can anyone help me?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but i thought id share my experience with of returning a vehicle to park motor finance.

Well just a quick post, unfortunately they've both decided to try and continue with the payments for now, against my better judgement I might add! Thank you all anyway - if they change their minds I may come back to this!

thank you everyone 4 ur help we have decided to try buy the car out ourselves then just sell it that way but i would still try to get rid of the charges as i do not think we should have to pay them :)

thank you everyone 4 ur help we have decided to try buy the car out ourselves then just sell it that way but i would still try to get rid of the charges as i do not think we should have to pay them :)

Make sure to spend a good weekend cleaning and polishing it to maximise the amount you will be able to sell it for.

Good luck.

• Haha 1

Hi,

You might find this useful.............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

bump, bump ,bump

sorry if you think im messing about we just really need the help we wanna way out all options before we settle on something your help will be much apreciated

the charges are from when it was a derict debit fail they charged for that and for letters and telephone calls and in total was £290 :confused:

well put mother and your okay miss inteligent

Edited by rebecca1988

There are a few, they got the sar back, there are a few missed direct debits, and various interest charges because of this, also for letters and phone calls, I'm assuming this is what you mean.

Incidently there have been a few times they have made payments through my card because they knew they wouldn't have money in their account to cover Park and were told that they wouldn't try to take it from their joint account - Park still did this and they went overdrawn a couple of times because of a refused direct debit.

Ahem - I'll leave you to it!!