Alliance & Leicester still applying charges

Notty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent my first letter to Alliance & Leicester requesting my charges back. Only about £300 but this is since November 08. They have sent me a letter today saying they have applied another set of charges and will apply £5 a day to my account for being overdrawn. Not sure what to do next. Would I just add this to the list of charges, which will obviously get bigger as they keep apply the interest and the charges. I am obviously not using the account so they cannot take anymore of my hard earned money but a bit worried about all of the interest and charges. Any advice very welcome.

I would send them another initial letter, also stating that you consider this matter to be in dispute. Also include an updated list of disputed charges. Then continue on to your Letter Before Action etc as per the templates. You are unlikely to get a reasonable offer, so be prepared to begin a claim, which will be stayed unless the OFT test case is completed.

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

• 4 weeks later...

Notty - I too have complained to A&L about their charges - £5 per day overlimit £25.00 for not paying a DD and £25.00 for paying a DD PLUS 50p per day for using the overdraft in the first place - talk about having THREE bites of the cherry - GREEDY SODS - my reply form them was "we will get back to you within 8 weeks " !!!!!!! After I complained that the £100 they took left me with nothing for the month !!!

Keep us informed

I have sent my first letter to Alliance & Leicester requesting my charges back. Only about £300 but this is since November 08. They have sent me a letter today saying they have applied another set of charges and will apply £5 a day to my account for being overdrawn. Not sure what to do next. Would I just add this to the list of charges, which will obviously get bigger as they keep apply the interest and the charges. I am obviously not using the account so they cannot take anymore of my hard earned money but a bit worried about all of the interest and charges. Any advice very welcome.

Just to clarify, sending in a letter to reclaim bank charges does not stop the bank charging you if the account is overdrawn or not being used.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi My account is only overdrawn because of the charges they have added to it. Surely I can claim them back when I send the N1 claim in?

Yep, but I would get a stack of N1 forms because every few months you will need to fill in a new one since the charges will continue to be applied AFAIK.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I suppose at the end of the stay when you can claim your charges you can update the claim form with the n244? I must admit I didn't think they could add charges while the account was in dispute. My halifax claim in 2006 didn't have any extra charges added once I had issued the N1 but maybe that is just the Halifax. Alliance & Leicester seem a different kettle of fish.

Edited by Notty

• 1 month later...

I have received the AQ from Alliance and Leicester. Will they stay the case the same as the other banks as I dont think they are involved with the court action are they?