style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi again

Sorry to ramble on ! Chandlers have told me they are entitled to charge me multiple charges on the same day ie 3 x 1st and 2nd levy, 3 x original fees and 3 x walking possesion fees. Had three accounts one visit from a bailiff and stupidly signed WP! Is this definately illegal as I have written a complaint letter.

Also can you please advice if £1 credit card charges are legal too.

Thanks in advance ;)

have they levied the same goods on all 3 walking possession agreements

if there is more than 1 liability order a bailiff can only charge for 2 visits per year (liability orders )

not on the same day

tomtubby said multiple charges are not allowed

if they were allowed i don't think the bailiff in my daughter case would have removed them when threatened with a form 4 they were removed after the council spoke to him

Edited by hallowitch

I really ant rememeber it was last year, unfortunately I didnt know my rights back then! Would it matter if thy had or hadnt done it on the same goods? Im a bit unfamiliar ith all the terms levy etc, all i know is they paid one visit to my house, i let them in (stupidly) signe a wp (even stupider !) and they harged me $400 odd in fees !

i don't know if this for all councils but i found this for stockport metropolitan borough council

bailiffs code of practise

Where more than one Liability Order is held for a debtor, the bailiff will attend the property for all liability orders at the same time, with only one set of costs being made. ‘first’ and ‘second call’ visits must be made on different days

and i read something similar on the office of public sector information web site when i was looking for info for my daughter that was back in November and i cant find it now.

Manchester council have the same thing

Hello again,

Update ! Email from Chandlers stating "as already stated we are no longer dealing with you case"and answer from the council, as its Bailiffs fees it is down to Chandlers ! Helpful...Not ! Any advice ? Thanks in advance :)

Bailiffs/Council

Address 1

Address 2

Address 3

Postcode

DATE

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: [YOUR NAME + REF]: Your bailiffs fees.

I write following a visit by your bailiff however there appears to an irregularity with his fees and I ask you to provide the following in writing within fourteen (14) days:

1) The name and address of the court that issued the certificate for the bailiff in charge

2) The amount of i) bailiffs fees, and ii) the original debt

3) Truthfully confirm the bailiffs fees comply with legislation

If you appear to be unable or unwilling to provide the above, I will automatically commence proceedings on that basis.

This letter is delivered by Royal Mail and a certificate of posting has been obtained. It is your responsibility this letter is handed to the relevant person in your organisation.

Yours Sincerely

send this to council and bailiffs courtesy of Happy c

Hi thanks but I have already sent this to them about three weeks ago and all they sent me was screen shot of there fees and the name of the bailiff. Is there a follow on letter from this and who can I threaten to report them to? Thank You

Guest Happy Contrails

His certificating court. Just ask him which county court issued his bailiffs certificate. If he refuses to give you that information then call Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355 and ask which court issued his certificate. Download the complaint form to make an official complaint against the bailiff http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/form4_0606.pdf and send the form to the certificating court enclosing any supporting evidence.