You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi,  I'm new here, and hoping that this is the right place to post this.   I applied for pip and was awarded standard mobility (10 points).  I did an M.R. but got the same result. They acknowledge that I can't leave my house without having someone with me. They accept that I'm not completely housebound as I go out to appointments, which are not a regular occurrence, they also said that they can't award me enhanced because I'm not out most days.  Is this correct?  Surely it shouldn't matter how often I go out? 
    • The Legal Ombudsman has a wider remit than the SRA, and can always refer matters on to the SRA where they find a breach of the SRA's code.   I'd suggest writing to the solicitors, highlighting these issues, asking them to refund the money. If they don't then complain to the LO.
    • Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
annabelle22

Db Mortgages Suspended Repossesion

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2674 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Has any one else had dealings with DB Mortgages?

They have been agressive and unhelpful. They have a suspended repossesion order against my property.I am unable to pay the agreed iinstallment as being temporarily inbetween jobs and being owed money by last employer.

Should I contact the court directly? is there any action i can take to stop them going for repossesion?

Hello and Welcome, annabelle.

I'll ask another Mod if they can help you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, how many payments have you missed under the suspended order? Have DB contacted you about the missed payments?

Try not to worry too much, I'm sure there's something we can do to help:)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have areas of approx £3000 including fees. I have a suspeneded repossesion order against the property. DB send me statments of arrears each month.

this is the 1st payment under the order that I can not pay. What can I do as they said they would take possesion of the property if I fail to pay. installment due on 30/6/09?

Hi there, first thing you need to do is to write to them by recorded delivery, explaining your circumstances. That way if they decide to go for possession you can show the judge you have tried to come to an arrangement.

If you are about to start a new job and also can prove that you are owed money from you previous employer then there is no way you will lose your home.

If you need help with the letter, let me know and I'll happily draft one for you.

Ell

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Sorry for delay in replying, thank you for your help.

regards

Annabelle22:)

Sorry for delay in replying, thank you for your help.

regards

Annabelle22:)

Annabelle, have just found your thread - I have one about my ongoing experience with DB.

I, too, have a suspended possession order over the property and have received numerous eviction notices from the Court (I always manage to pull something together in the 11th hour). They are threatening an eviction notice again (am about 5 months in arrears) but I don't think i'll be able to come up with the money this time around. When i ask them to capitalise the arrears into the mortgage, they simply tell me 'it's not DB policy'. All hideously stressful ( tho i have to admit my monthly payments are v large, so the arrears are big too).

what happened to you? Are you okay?

Cristal x

Hi, sorrry for delay i do not have own computer.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Db are still casuing me problems. they have insisted i can pay the full monthly install ment even though when i filled in expenditure form it was in deficet.

I have been forced to pay more than i can afford. They keep threatening repossesion but the last instalment i paid in full having borrowed money to do it.

I have been to agency to help but they where of little use. I do not know what to do.

I understand your stress.

Annabelle 22

Annabelle, thanks for your reply and I'm so sorry to hear that DB is continuing their campaign against you.....I spoke to a broker, who explained to me that DB have ceased their mortgage business, which may explain why they are n such a hurry to repossess us. As the broker said to me, repossession should be the last resort.

I am anticipating an eviction notice any day (tho with the postal strikes, who knows??). I think this time I will have to go to Court to see what can be done. It's a living nightmare.

Who are the DB solicitors? Everhseds?

Can Ell-enn help you again?

Good luck!!!

CXX

Hi Annabelle - is there anything I can do to help?

Hi,

I would be grateful for any advice, thank you.

Please can you help with the following.

Do you know how they decide wheter you can aford to pay extra ammounts even though your budget statment says you can not?

Do you know if a motgage agreement is unenforcable due to age of partner when we took it out as he will be over retirement age when it finishes?

Thank you annabelle 22

Can a loan company demand that you provide bank statments etc when you make an offer to pay a reduced amount?

Annabelle...i'm not an expert on repos, but I don't know if you spotted this - GMAC fined £2.8m for 'mistreating' mortgage customers | Money | guardian.co.uk - this may well apply for any arrears you may have...in answer to your question above then I don't believe you have to legally provide these. And again i'm not sure about your question on retirement age....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Thank you for info, Sorry if not using web correctly i am not very good with computers.

regards

annabelle

Hi I have been in touch with a company who say I have a case against db Mortgages for mis selling and charges. They said because of my debts did not think it fair to put their charges on top of those. but to pursue my case,

I have written the sars and got all info re charges etc but what do I do mow. I do not know how to write a letter for either of the above matters can any one help please? I tried looking in the letter section found one but dont understand what to do with it something about court claim for charges? thanks

I've got those letters on my PC at work if you can wait till tomorrow morning ?

Hi, sample mortgage charges letter and subject access request letters affixed.

Make sure you send letters by recorded delivery to make sure they sign for them.

Hi Thank you thats great, will send off mortgage charge letter asap.

I have sent off a Subject access request and got all the paper work from them. A company I sent it to said I have a case for mis selling due to one thing my husbands age at retirement. But due to their fees they said they did not want to burden me with any more debt and to continue the complaint my self. Do you have any advice please on how to go about this do I Complain to db mortgages directly please?

Thank you for your help.

Hi A couple of years ago DB insisted I fill in an income and expenditure form so they could "help me". all they did was not discus it in any way return all the paper work a few week later and proceed with a reposes ion action that was suspended. They would not accept my payment to pay part of the arrears and part a few weeks later .

I have since refused to fill an income and expenditure form in. They have over the past few months kept sending them and insisting I fill it in. I have written and explained again why I feel it is of little use. I am paying the installment and the suspended payment ordered by the court not in one go but over a couple of weeks in the month its due. I actually made an extra payment of over £500 last June which I wrote and asked that this be kept as an advance payment so I would not get behind due to the fact I am self employed. Only when I queried a letter they wrote in Dec 2012 saying I was in arrears with the payments did they say eventually we can t carry payments over like this so you are not in arrears. When I sent it they never informed me that this was the case.

They are now insisting I fill in this form or a agent will be sent they will pay. I have told them before I am unwilling to a visit and complained when they did send one out after I had asked them not to causing me distress.

so can you help please

1) can they insists I fill this form in?

2) did they act illegally in any way taking the extra payment that I had clearly expressed I wanted to pay a month in advance and not advise me at the time that this was not possible.?

3) They have been kept fully informed as to my finances by letter but still charge me fees for being late etc?

4) They promised in Jan 2013 to send Giro slips so I could more easily make payments but have not can I insist they do? As I will not speak to them by phone as they have treated me dreadfully in the past and the stress has caused me health issues.