Sub Prime Mortgages Call For Evidence Before The Treasury Select Committee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

THE TREASURY SELECT COMMITTEE WANTS TO HEAR SUBMISSIONS CONCERNING SUB PRIME MORTGAGES DEADLINE IST JULY 2009. MAXIMUM WORDS 3000

If you have a sub prime mortgage and feel the conduct of your provider is unfair or even unlawful now is the time to shine a light, especially if you are subject to possession hearings. The TSC wants to hear submissions. However there are fairly strict rules about the form submission must take. I've already posted elsewhere the following posts but believe this is so important for tens of thousands of homeowners that I've decided on a new thread dedicated to helping us all, whoever we are with, get our submissions in order. Time is tight.

• Haha 1

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SUB PRIME MORTGAGES

HOUSE OF COMMONS TREASURY SELECT COMMITTEE CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS OF EVIDENCE

Hi all,

This represents a very important opportunity to raise the public profile of what has been happening to you since you took out one of these mortgages. Whilst our political class has never been held in such low esteem the Treasury select committee is chaired by someone who doesn't pull any punches and wants to get to the bottom of this.

Part of the problem and therefore the cynicism about Westminster is their remoteness from the real world.

This is YOUR opportunity to give it to them. Remember that the bankers will be busy gathering their stuff in order to whitewash the whole inquiry. They will have been faxed with this press release before you and I even knew that the TSC were looking into this. CB did her stuff alone in Feb and look at the impact that had. We can't rely on individual pressure alone and hope that someone can pull it altogether for us.

Massive collective consumer response is the only way to bring these vultures to account.

WE HAVE TO WORK COLLECTIVELY

If you care, not only about yourself, but the state of the world you find yourself in, and the world your kids will grow up in, you should, with all due urgency make your submission.

There are strict rules about how to do so but nonetheless I'd rather submit before the high court of parliament who want to hear what we have to say than the local county court which may or may not give a toss despite the fact that EU law mandates they do.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE FOLLOWING

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COVER THE WHOLE REMIT JUST THE PARTS THAT APPLY TO YOU

MAINLY I PRESUME THE MIDDLE ONE ON SUB PRIME

DO NOT BE AFRAID OF GIVING YOUR NAME OR ADDRESS

THE BANKS ARE COMING AFTER US ALL ANYWAY AND IN ANY CASE THE SUBMISSIONS ARE SUBJECT TO PARLIAMENTARY PRIVILEGE

If you want to do ths but have any concerns please post on open. Do not PM as if there is a massive take up on this I will not be able to cope and respond adequately or in a timely fashion.

I am putting this together after an exhausting day at work. If there are any errors I will try to correct them at some point tomorrow.

OK Peeps. Here's the link. They want to know from YOU! Just write as you would on open post and list 12345 what they have done. Just one last thing. Nothing, and I mean nothing, that could identify you should be posted on open.

UK Parliament - TC0809PN47

EIE

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

In making your submission the following format should be observed

1. Give your Name

2. Give your Address

3. Give your Phone Number

4. HEAD THE SUBMISSION - something like

SUBMISSION BEFORE THE HOUSE OF COMMONS DEPARTMENTAL SELECT COMMITTEE FOR THE TREASURY

INQUIRY INTO MORTGAGE ARREARS AND ACCESS TO MORTGAGE FINANCE

CHAIRED BY THE RIGHT HONOROUBLE JOHN MCFALL, M.P.

Next page:

Indicate whether you are willing to be called as a witness before the Treasury Select Committee. This will main making yourself available to go to parliament and you won't get any expenses. I'm guessing that for most of you the answer will be no.

Next page

If your case is currently subject to court proceedings - most of us are - then you MUST make a statement to this effect. THis will not and cannot effect your case but you must let the TSC know.

something like this:

The facts submitted before the treasury select committee in this submission are currently subject to a possession claim (Number) in XXX County Court. The current status of this claim is that a suspended possession order has been made by the District Judge in this case.

Main body should go something like this.

Executive Summary

This should be 200-250 words max summarising the main arguments, maybe something along the lines of: (THIS IS NOT PERFECT AND SHOULD NOT BE COPIED AND PASTED. YOU SHOULD PROVIDE YOUR OWN EXECUTIVE SUMMARY)

The following submission, in response to the Treasury Select Committee's call for submissions, made 17th June, 2009 lays before the committee evidence of widespread consumer detriment experienced as a result of practices in the 'sub-prime' mortgage market which are systemic, and more often than not, unlawful. The overall consequence of these widespread practices is that consumers are being harrassed, serially and unlawfully overcharged, treated with contempt and subject to reprisals when making complaint and are then ultimately and often unlawfully repossessed, in addition to which the equity is then stripped from their homes with hugely disproportionate early redemption charges, following on from repossession. Evidence will also be brought forward to show that The FSA has failed in its duty to regulate effectively these firms, that the FOS is too slow to act on consumer complaints and enforce the regulations in this area, and that the courts themselves consistently fail in their duty to examine the fairness of standard terms in this contracts as they are mandated by virtue of ECJ ruling whatever the number is! (I'll edit this later!)

Next page.

1. Who you are what you do when you took the sub prime garbage out who with, any subsequent closures and transfers and that fact that it is now administered by Crapstone. This is most of us on these threads.

2. Then lay out your paragraphs in numbered fashion. GO for it!

3. Go for it Some More

4. Put in all their charges

5. Put in all their lies

6. Put in all their harrassment

7. Put in their woeful compliance record with SARS

8. Put in what they charge you in interest.

9. Put in all their 'FEES' garbage

10. Put in all their unreasonable and bullying.

11. JUST THROW THE BLOODY KITCHEN SINK AT THEM WHILE YOUVE STILL GOT A HOUSE WITH A KITCHEN.

If they want our houses they are going to have to work for them and that means putting them under intense public and official scrutiny to justify what they are doing. And what they do is not only a little bit unsavoury it is unlawful across the board

MAKE SURE THE TSC IS AWARE OF THIS

Finally don't worry if you are not confident about how to express yourself. Others can help and ultimately the point is not whether its beautifully written. The point is that you write it at all. Let the TSC what they are doing to you and your family. Make the government ministers squirm when all this is put to them. We don't have second homes and we no longer even enjoy the protection of the courts.

Keep the faith.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH (EIE)

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

MASSIVE BUMP

will post a link to this thread on the major threads concerning sub prime mortgages.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Thank you EIE, for telling us about this. I am certainly going to tell them my story and am already halfway through writing my submission. I am also prepared to go to parliament as a witness if necessary. Let's hope plenty more sub prime victims do the same- apathy will get us nowhere. Something must be done about this outrage.

Hi sub prime victim

Good one you. Only massive pressure will count. They will go all the way to stop you but don't forget they declared war. Post this around to anybody you know in a similar situation. We are looking for a critical mass here. Who's your lender?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

They are all bloody devious bit within that comment lies the possibility that some are more devious than others.

Make sure you get their FSA number to present before the TSC. Towards the middle of this week I will post up a more detailed template BUT it has to be individual by the same token.

Can you give me some examples of sharp practice which act to consumer detriment? By the same token I don't want anything personal. YOU SHOULD NEVER DO THAT ON HERE! prying eyes you see?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Good stuff Tawny owl. I'm sorry to hear the barstewards got you, no doubt unlawfully in which case check out the last 5 or so pages of the spml/ London thread. There is under eu law a real chance that you can sue hmg for damages.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Yes i suppose they did,but in a strange way i got satisfaction in the end.Maybe not for me,but for someone else.Enough of that,just letting you know good luck,and i hope this thread leads to something we all want.The subprimers exsposed for what they are.And perhaps lead to some help and new solutions for people facing repossession.Tawnyowl.

Hi Tawnyowl

thanks for your good wishes. Can you alert as many people as you can to this thread? - I'd be grateful. It is in the common good and the bankers will have already began their whitewash for the committee. Time is tight. Thanks EiE.

Edited by enoughisenough
phrasing altered meaning

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Hi Enoughisenough,

I can give plenty of examples of sharp practice. Where do I start?!

1) Our broker tripled our income figures without our knowledge, in order to obtain this "mortgage". The lender did not check any of it, as they knew they had nothing to lose. They would simply sell it on, securitise it and seize our property when we could no longer afford to pay.

2) They started repossession proceedings last year. I told them several times by letter and telephone that my wife would be starting 2 new jobs in a month's time and we would be able to clear the arrears. They ignored this and continued proceedings.

3) The day before the hearing, my mother in law lent me the money to pay off most of my arrears. I paid it over the phone and they told me that the hearing would not go ahead so I should not attend. As I do not trust this company I phoned the court to check and they told me the same. After complaining to the FOS about £550 of solicitor's costs added to my statement, the FOS informed me that the hearing DID take place and the judge read a letter from Redstone. This proves that these sub prime vultures are lying and deceitful. To top it all the FOS now tells me that the company have done nothing wrong and are entitled to charge these amounts. Even though they deceived me into not attending the hearing!

This is just the tip of the iceberg. I sometimes feel we are fighting a losing battle as even the FOS and FSA are against us. Let's hope something can finally be done now to stop this injustice.

Best of luck,

Subprimevictim

This is exactly the kind of practice that needs to stop. The fsa and the fos will rue the day they let this kind of thing get brushed under the carpet. I take it you're still fighting?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

It is demoralising fighting these vicious scumbags week in week out. But THEY declared war. It wasn't enough to have a highly profitable business model that simply bleeds us dry. Now they want to start eating us as well.

So it's our duty to fight with everything we've got. And that's exactly what we'll do. If they think they're too big to be taken on, they need reminding that the banks charges case has gone to the House of Lords and it was consumer pressure that got it there.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

omg I am so up for doing this EIE!!!

After everything me and my family have been through with this ****,I'd shout it from the rooftops if I could!!!

I'm not brilliant at putting words into a letter and usually rabble on,but I will do my best.:)

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s, of the investigating & prosecuting organisations:

DO NOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen. 

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633 

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643 

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955 

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 (part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders 

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : tel#0207 637 6236  

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/Subprimefees/#detail

Hi dotty.

I know you've been through hell with these ****** predators. Now it's payback time for all their mendacious duplicity. Hit them with waht you've been telling the community and hit them hard. Your style of writing doesn't matter in fact it could help that it's coming from the heart so to speak. There'll be plenty of others making more legalese type contributions. Post this on to anyone you know on the cag

good luck eie.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Sound suggestion Sue.

May I remind everyone that there is only one week remaining for submissions. I would not recommend applying for an extension.

Thanks Sue.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Good morning

You don't get a better chance than this at 'putting the problems right.!!

My 100% support, sending mine off tonight and I will be prepared to go as a witness.

Regards to all

Dougal

Update: 2013 Following our recent (9/7/13) hearing about Bank Charges at the Court of Appeal, and refusal to grant permission to Appeal; an Application has just (23/10/2013) been made for a fresh hearing and the Court Location is yet to be confirmed!

Some people have naturally grown weary of the seemingly insurmountable barriers to justice. The inept and biased courts, the dodgy barristers, the sharp and unlawful practices of the banks and mortgage companies and the deafening silence of the media are all good reason to be weary. I take a different view, to wit, if we don't fight for justice this will remain a self fulfilling prophecy.

Good on you Dougal and anyone else who lodges a submission. The FSA know that they have to act. Time and pressure that's all it takes.

Keep the faith EiE.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Good on you 42 man...

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...