Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
gustavius rex

Health and safety at Work etc. Section 4

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,


Got a story that l hink some of you may be able to help me with.

Some time back in 2007 l leased a workshop from a guy living overseas. To my detriment, l took it on without doing a proper survey, this for many reasons, but, mainly as the shop had just been vacated by a carpentry firm. Now it turns out, that when l finally did the survey, the shop has no legal emergency fire exits as there is no right of way from two boarded up doors leading to the neighbours garden. Further, some of the structural steel supporting the building above is seriously bad, why l ca'nt use the place. l did inform the landlord with photographs etc. and asked him to rectify the problems as he is responsible for all structural maintenance and repairs. however, we were already in litigation as l refused to pay my rent as the workshop is unusable and for the past 8 months he has not even bothered to answere my letter.


To ,make a long story short, he obtained a judgement for the first 5 months rent, but, only because l did not know the exact statues re. his responsibility. l have now found all that l need and will apply for a set aside, but, need the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), to have a look first. problem is, they seems to not have any form of proper and organized inspection procedure, nor an entity that carries these inspections out. l have had the london Fire Brigade down and received a ''recommendation'' to have the emergency doors opened, but, with the caveat that they are also responsible to the HSE. ln other words, l'm given the usual run around and no-one wan'ts to take the responsibility for anything. lt's clear from Section 4 that the landlord is the person in control of the building and consequently for doors and structure, but, unless l can have a solid proof of the actual situation it is difficult for me to proceed. This has now nearly ruined me and l do not have the money to continue with a solicitor, why, l have to proceed myself, hence l need all the help l can get.

Gustavius Rex

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...