HSBC_Metropolitan Collection Services_debt that sprung out of nowhere

blackrabbit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm new here.

While I search information about MCS I found this site, so I thought I would register so I could talk about them, that's how much they have angered me. 2 days ago I recieved debt collection letter telling me I owe HSBC money on the account I closed a year ago in November 2008 (went into the bank personally to close it). I call MCS 3 three times and HSBC customer services 3 times. None of them could give me a bloody clue of what they are charging me for. HSBC said they couldn't recover information from the closed account (the thrid time, the staff hung up on me). MCS said they only knew it has something to do with outstanding balance and said my account closed in May 2009. I left UK the day after I closed my account and never returned since (which I'm curtain I haven't got any debt then), so was it my ghost who closed my account in May 2009? How has this debt sprung from out of nowhere. Just because I'm a foreigner and has already left UK, is this making me an easy target for them, to force me to pay debt I didn't know of? Is this a new of begging for money or what? My sister told me, if they harass me too much I could just bring a lawsuit in. But for me, I'd like to see them flying over to my country and knock on my door too. Does anybody have the same problem like me when they said you have debt that you're certain you don't? I'm writing letters to MCS, hsbc's complaint department, and hsbc's chairman. Is this the right move or if there any suggestions, I'll be very appreciated.

Hi blackrabbit , welcome to the forum :)

I think PGH 7447 means if the CAN'T provide the info , - but I'm inclined to agree with him .... ignore it - unless you're worried about ending up on a Credit Rating File somewhere ......

Anyway , you probably know that MCS are not a real Debt Collection Agency as such , only HSBC's debt collection department , so they'll probably give up if you ignore them - especially if you're overseas ......

But if you do get more hassle feel free to come back and ask - someone will answer and we're a friendly lot on here ! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 1 year later...
Hi, I'm new here.

While I search information about MCS I found this site, so I thought I would register so I could talk about them, that's how much they have angered me. 2 days ago I recieved debt collection letter telling me I owe HSBC money on the account I closed a year ago in November 2008 (went into the bank personally to close it). I call MCS 3 three times and HSBC customer services 3 times. None of them could give me a bloody clue of what they are charging me for. HSBC said they couldn't recover information from the closed account (the thrid time, the staff hung up on me). MCS said they only knew it has something to do with outstanding balance and said my account closed in May 2009. I left UK the day after I closed my account and never returned since (which I'm curtain I haven't got any debt then), so was it my ghost who closed my account in May 2009? How has this debt sprung from out of nowhere. Just because I'm a foreigner and has already left UK, is this making me an easy target for them, to force me to pay debt I didn't know of? Is this a new of begging for money or what? My sister told me, if they harass me too much I could just bring a lawsuit in. But for me, I'd like to see them flying over to my country and knock on my door too. Does anybody have the same problem like me when they said you have debt that you're certain you don't? I'm writing letters to MCS, hsbc's complaint department, and hsbc's chairman. Is this the right move or if there any suggestions, I'll be very appreciated.

Hi blackrabbit, I know it's been a couple of years since your posts but I'm hoping that you see this. i too am being chased MCS and I now live in Sweden. I would like to know what happened to you. Did you ignore MCS and they went away? was the debt passed to someone else and they chased you where you live? Did you repay the debt? thanks, in advance, for your help. KBIS