Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Barclaycard Platinum Customer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4035 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I have been dragged into the world of 'unenforceable credit agreements' which is really interesting but at the same time very frustrating.


So what stage am I at?


I have requested on two occasions the signed CCA. They have sent me the original and the ammended t&c's but no signed agreement. I am now assuming that they dont have it.


I have sent the standard letter that the account is now in dispute and they may not add interest etc... and I have had a reply that they have sent me the executable agreement.


They also go on to say..."A "copy" of an agreement will satisfy the requirements even if the signature box and/or the signature are not included as clarified by Regulation 3(2) of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Docments) Regulations 1983."


Am I right in saying that yes they can send me this document, but this does not prove that I have actually signed an agreement therefore, this does not constitute as a signed credit agreement?


Thats where I am at. What should I do next.:confused:


1) Send a Subject Access Request?


2) Wait for them to chase me?


3)Begin court proceedings to ask for disclosure of my documents


4)Warn them that if they do not send me a true signed copy of my CCA then I shall begin litigation through the courts?


What do you think?




Stefan 8-) (Not my real name)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Stefan and welcome to CAG.


BC will not send your credit agreement in response to a CCA request but this does not mean they don't have one.


A SAR would be a good next move, particularly if you require your old statements to see how much you've been charged in penalties over the last six years.


Any penalties can be reclaimed and will be refunded in full with little trouble. If you claim interrest at their contractual rate, they will not refund and you'll have to file a claim at your local county court. Read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature below.


BC will maintain they HAVE complied with their obligations by sending you the T&C's. And they won't agree the a/c is in dispute. They will continue to press for payments and will default you if you fail to pay the minimum payments.


Read up on the CPR strategy at Link No2 in my signature. You don't have to read the whole thread and will find what you need on the first page.


Read other threads here in the BC forum and you'll learn loads. :)

We could do with some help from you

                                                                PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING



                                            Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group


Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.


Thanks !:-)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks for your advice and links. :)


Next step is to send the subject access request. I will be doing this, this morning. So watch this space to see what comes.


If barclaycard still do not issue me with a copy of a signed credit agreement and I goto court to obtain the disclosure but they still dont send it, what do I do next.?





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If barclaycard still do not issue me with a copy of a signed credit agreement and I goto court to obtain the disclosure but they still dont send it, what do I do next.?




If you go to court and the judge agrees with the dicslosure request... they HAVE to disclose it or admit they dont have it.


You could then either negotiate a lower repayment amount with the creditor IF YOU SO WISH..... or you could ask them to write the debt off, if they refuse you would need to seek an injunction against enforcement in the courts.



Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*


The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.


Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently


***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****



IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...