Hardship Disability allowance

Tony1978lfc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people :D

Can someone advise on this please.

My mum is on disability and has run up quite a bill with her mbna card.

What does she need to do besides sending the hardship letter template and spreadsheet. Does she need to send a disability letter or put what she has in the hardship letter template?

Tony

I'm afraid your mother won't be able to claim hardship in order to claim back charges on a credit card. The FSA Waiver Hardship Guidelines applies to charges on current accounts.

However if your mother has a bank account with charges and she fulfils the criteria set out below, she may be able to make a claim

In making an assessment of financial difficulty the evidence taken into account should be;

a. evidence of changes in lifestyle, including loss of employment; disability; serious illness; imprisonment; relationship breakdown; death of a partner; starting a lower paid job; parental/carer leave; and starting full-time education;

b. evidence of the following events:

i. items repeatedly being returned unpaid due to lack of available funds;

ii. failing to make loan repayments or other commitments;

iii. discontinuation of regular credits;

iv. notification of some form of insolvency or court proceedings;

v. regular requests for increased borrowing or repeated rescheduling of debts;

vi. making frequent cash withdrawals on a credit card at a non-promotional rate of interest; and

vii. repeatedly exceeding a credit card or overdraft limit without agreement (and, in this regard, where a complainant has incurred over £500 in unauthorised overdraft charges in the previous 12 months, that is to be treated as indicative of financial difficulty).

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm