style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My 14year old son is just about to use his money hes saved for year to buy his own treadmill, going to be about 500.00.

I may have a little trouble comming up and he insists he wants it.

If he puts it in his name, surely they cant penalise him for being my son?

Need to know if need to stop him buying it:confused: because of my mess.

no the bailiff cant take you sons property for your debt

get a receipt in his/your mothers/fathers/sister name

photo copy it x2 write on copy's given to bailiff get him to sign both ( if the bailiffs get into your house i expect you know you don't have to let them in :D) show them the original receipt and give him a copy for his records and keep other for yourself if he tries to put a levy on it this should cover you

bailiffs levied on a P C that was in my daughters house it belonged to her brother she showed him receipt with her brothers name on it but he still put it on the levy when we complained to the council and sent them a copy of the receipt the levy charges were removed

and if he does put it on levy it makes the levy invalid

Edited by hallowitch

legally no they can't but unfortunately as many have discovered that won't stop them -If they do take it you'll have to fight to get it back - in the meantime DO NOT let them into your home under any circumstances whatsoever & no matter what they threaten such as jail etc - If you do that's considered as peacful entry & they can return & force entry to your home

Thanks for advice:)

Ive not even gone to court yet, just trying to be prepared. So when son told me what he had decided I just freaked because we really dont have much of such a value. Although think he'll be ok, can prove where the money was earnt from, have persuaded him to leave it till I know whats going on. I wont let anyone in if he changes his mind and goes ahead, so wont worry till it happens now.

On a plus side hes going to open his first own account and Ive promissed to buy him some new trainers for now. Hes going to run round the estate twice a day instead, hows that for determination, wish I had it.