You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• 1 Date of the infringement 24th May 2019     2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Never received one.   [scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide]   3 Date received Never received one.     4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N/A     5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes     7 Who is the parking company? Smart Parking     8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Medtia Square Oldham Manchester     For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. POPLA     There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure, please check HERE   If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here 2 Letters from Debt Recovery Plus LTD.  2 letters Debt Recovery Plus (they have different letterheads & designs).  2 letters from Zenith Collections and 2 letters from CST Law.   I tried to attach all of the letters as one multi page PDF as you requested but it wont let me.  Says there is a limit of 4.88.  Shall I send them individually?   And thank you very much for your time and help              
    • Ok so as I’ve only received an email from “Capquest” and it could be fake - the advice is ignore it completely? 
    • Hmmm, did a bit of googling and it seems you can refuse the change if it's significant.   Jet2 need to let you know which hotel you will be moved to. I don't think it's reasonable to expect you to pay the balance in full when you don't know what hotel you have been rebooked to. If the hotel is significantly different, then you'd be entitled to the refund.   If anyone here knows what would reasonably be considered significant enough for a change, then shout because I havn't a clue   More reading: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/my-package-holiday-has-been-changed-or-cancelled#:~:text=Under the Package Travel and,refund%2C with no cancellation fee.
    • It is a stupid reason but I really didn't knew I was going against the law. I might add that being a student in London is expensive and since my parents cant help me anymore with the maintenance and having only a part time job led me take this action, but there are not any other reasons. 
    • might be wise to introduce some reason upon WHY you used the card, not just repeatedly state it might kill you visa repeatedly??
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4042 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My 14year old son is just about to use his money hes saved for year to buy his own treadmill, going to be about 500.00.

I may have a little trouble comming up and he insists he wants it.

If he puts it in his name, surely they cant penalise him for being my son?

Need to know if need to stop him buying it:confused: because of my mess.

I asked similar question on legal forum and now realise I may have to stop him buying it for now.

Wonder if hed give me a loan:D

No he just shouted;)

no the bailiff cant take you sons property for your debt

get a receipt in his/your mothers/fathers/sister name

photo copy it x2 write on copy's given to bailiff get him to sign both ( if the bailiffs get into your house i expect you know you don't have to let them in :D) show them the original receipt and give him a copy for his records and keep other for yourself if he tries to put a levy on it this should cover you

bailiffs levied on a P C that was in my daughters house it belonged to her brother she showed him receipt with her brothers name on it but he still put it on the levy when we complained to the council and sent them a copy of the receipt the levy charges were removed

and if he does put it on levy it makes the levy invalid

Edited by hallowitch

legally no they can't but unfortunately as many have discovered that won't stop them -If they do take it you'll have to fight to get it back - in the meantime DO NOT let them into your home under any circumstances whatsoever & no matter what they threaten such as jail etc - If you do that's considered as peacful entry & they can return & force entry to your home

Thanks for advice:)

Ive not even gone to court yet, just trying to be prepared. So when son told me what he had decided I just freaked because we really dont have much of such a value. Although think he'll be ok, can prove where the money was earnt from, have persuaded him to leave it till I know whats going on. I wont let anyone in if he changes his mind and goes ahead, so wont worry till it happens now.

On a plus side hes going to open his first own account and Ive promissed to buy him some new trainers for now. Hes going to run round the estate twice a day instead, hows that for determination, wish I had it.

If he gets it later will make sure its registered to him as has manufactures warranty and keep receipts.

For the record I hope he just jogs round the estate, its cheaper.

For the record I hope he just jogs round the estate, its cheaper

:lol::lol::lol::lol: