wescott----Please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just got off the phonbe to wescott about a debt that there trying to get me to pay which isn't mine.

Its for water rates for an address which i move out of in 2005,this debt is for 2006.I explained this to the lady who i spoke to,but she didn't listen and kept saying that as i didn't inform them of me moving out that i am liable.Is this true?

I'm currently paying a debt with another company for water rates for a debt in 2006 for another address.So why should i pay this.

Can anybody please tell me what i can or should do.

Thanks.

Send a complaint to their complaints department with a copy to the OFT - and marjk the complaint that you are sending a copy to the OFT. You can also get in touch with your local Trading Standards and tell them you are being pursued by Wescott for a bill that isn't yours.

Never speak to the losers on the phone. Do you have any proof of when you moved out (like a new tenancy aggreement at a new address)?

If they phone again just politley tell them that you will only communicate in writing then put the phone down. If you are paying a water rate debt from another address for 2006 then i am sure that you cannot have lived at both addresses at the same time.

It is up to them to prove that you owe the debt not the other way around.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Thanks

I questioned them over this and they told me that i have to prove that this isn't my debt,even though before i asked this question they told me over and over again that Because i didn't notify them of change of address that its my debt and i'm liable.Is this correct,as they told me the call was recorded and if this is the case then they are lying and will have the proof of the phonecall.Can i request a copy of the call that was made as i'm going to go to my local citizens advice on monday,as i'm fed up of them now.

Thanks

I questioned them over this and they told me that i have to prove that this isn't my debt,even though before i asked this question they told me over and over again that Because i didn't notify them of change of address that its my debt and i'm liable.Is this correct,as they told me the call was recorded and if this is the case then they are lying and will have the proof of the phonecall.Can i request a copy of the call that was made as i'm going to go to my local citizens advice on monday,as i'm fed up of them now.

How can you prove you don't have something? ;) It's upto them to prove it.

Wait for them to contact you in writing.

Then send them this:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no: XXXXXXXX

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to yourselves.

I am familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment. This is formal request that you remove all telephone numbers relating to me from your database. You must conduct all correspondance in writing only.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

If I have been helpful in any way, please tip my scales :lol:

It is up to them to prove it's your debt.

Who says you didn't put it in writing that you were moving out?

Can they prove you didn't - NO

Send the letter posted by Deathbycrayons after they next contact you.

You should never ever speak to the morons on the phone. If they keep phoning you - and if you do want to answer it - tell them to shove off and put everything in writing. Then you can also send them the harrassment letter.

DG

• Haha 1

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation