appologies if this has already been discussed!?

newcastlenewbie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Im totally new to this forum, and appologies if this has bee discussed in anyone elses threads.

I have a barclaycard which i took out about 12 years ago. i conatcted one of the better known agencies about reclaiming the charges. He informed me that not only could he (potentially) get all of the charges refunded but also all of the interest that i have paid in the last 12 years, is this possible and if so is it something i can do myself with letters etc.

It sounds a little bit too good to be true and would cost about £500 if i get him to do it for me.

(He also informed me that he could claim back all of the interest payments for a previous mortage i took out and would be able to get no less than £5000)

Thankyou all in advance

Hummmmm

is he asking for commision as well ????

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

i dont mind spending the time and some money on stamps...but would need some guidance if thats available here, maybe some exmple letters.

Yes they ask for 30% commision on what they recover, hence thh reason id rather spend some time and do it myself!!

Welcome to CAG :D

Get reading other peoples threads as well

you will pick up plenty of info

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Hi Newcastle,

If you read threads here in the BC forum, particularly those showing **WON** in the title, you'll see how easy it is for you to reclaim your own charges.

If you want to claim higher rates of interest from them as well, it's a lot more effort but the rewards can be worth it.

Read, learn, then DIY !! There's all the help and support here that you'll ever need. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

thanks for the advice so far, so it is possible to claim back all of the interest that i have paid over the 12 years, i ask again as most of the threads i am reading relate to asking for bank charges such as missed payment penalties to be repaid and not the actual interest on my barclaycard.

Sorry if im being a total newbie on this!!!

You can claim back charges and interest on those charges.

If you claim this interest at the bank's contractual rate, this can add up to a tidy sum. As I said before, it's more complicated and the bank won't pay up voluntarily. You'll have to file a claim at court and they'll hold off until just before court. They'll normally then pay up in full.

If you just want the charges back, BC will pay you these without any need for a court claim, usually within 4 to 6 weeks.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

i understand that i can claim back bank charges and the interest on these charges.

But as far as you know you can not claim back the interest that has been added onto your debts eg,

£1,500 debt (say 19% interest = £285) this company tells me that they can claim back this £285. Obviously over the 12 years this interest will be a massive amount.

Can this be done or is he selling me a bum deal? If it can be done can i do it myself?

Appologies if this has already been done but im just trying to get it right in my own head.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

just incase anyone is interested, when i questioned the fella from a well known company (Clue: the name also linked to describing a huge illegal drugs business) when asked if he was refering to contractural interest he didnt seem to know what i was talking about.

I have since told him that im not interested and as he seemed to understand that i had done some research and totally backed off from his usual salesman banter.

Edited by newcastlenewbie