T Mobile are now 3G!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Totally confused now - had to speak to manager (T mobile) at end of call and he said I would get a 'verification' call. This was for yet another company acting on behalf of both T Mobile and 3G saying that they wanted me to confirm that I want 3G to cancel my T Mobile contract and go onto 3G 'Just Like Home'

Now I am totally confused, befuddled and out of my depth!!

The only thing I did totally agree to was that I had the 14 days cooling off period!!. Not sure when that starts, but I am going to take it that it starts today (which is the earliest it can be).

Oh my poor head :confused::confused:

3G is not the same thing as the Three network.

3G is the third Generation of mobile telephony standards (This is a good thing)

Three are the mobile equivalent of AOL - they are sh*te and you are never truly rid of them.

They are the phone company who keep taking payments after you've cancelled the contract - instruct Blind Three Legged Horses to collect their debts for them and generally p*ss people off. (This is not a good thing)

No axe to grind here m'lud :D

3G is not three_logo_black.gif

3G is the type of phone that they want to upgrade you to, You will still be on TMobile, just with a new 3G enabled phone

They are basically saying that you are entitled to a new phone and the new one will be a bonny, shiney new 3G enabled phone

Ive heard of Mobiles Direct.

I gather you did not onstruct them to contact you? Nor were you advised of who they actually were.

Sound like they tried to misrepresent themselves to sell you a contract?

Train hard...Fight easy

Yes, they definitely told me that they were T Mobile several times and were very elaborate with their 'story' of their takeover!!

I have now spoken to T Mobile twice and they are not at all worried by this company stating they were them!! aparently, it is allowed!!!

I am going to complain to OFT, ICO and Trading Standards on this one, whatever next!

Hi Cerb

Don't think thats' it - I am being offered a N.6500 Nokia on a 3G Contract and closing my T Mobile Account - T Mobile say it is because they have sold their aerials to 3G because of the credit crunch!!

You're almost correct. T-Mobile and 3 are working in partnership to form a new company called MBNL which means that the base stations currently owned by 3 will be upgraded so that the antennas can carry the same frequency as T-Mobile, and vicer verser. The first stage of network consolidation is complete and the network plan for various regions are being finalised.

Vodafone and Orange have also signed an agreement to Rand share as well, O2 on the other hand will not permit a third party to share their network spectrum or use multi tilt, multi operator antennas or their sites.

Until March of this year I worked for the largest owner of Telecom sites in the UK and breathed MBNL for 3 years, after working in the industry for 10 years I'm pleased that I am out of it.

• 1 month later...

Update on this:

I cancelled the verbal contract with Mobiles Direct in writing that same day, by Recorded Delivery. Interlink Express tried to delivery the new mobile on 1st July, I was not in to take delivery and a card was left to say that if they did not hear from me within 5 days the packet would be returned to sender. So, silly me thought that was the end of it.

I have now had 2 bills from 3 whom I have written too with copies of my cancellation letter to Mobiles Direct and a copy of the note left by Interlink. I also e-mailed 3 a copy of the said letter. That was the beginning of this week - no response as yet.

However, today I received a letter from 3 saying they have had to restrict my mobile due to non payment of account, and also a letter from Advanced Telecoms Debt Collection Services with the usual threats.

Now, earlier on this year I had dealing with ADT in respect of my daughter who was being threatened by them. I complained to OFT and TS who both informed me that this shower were unlicenced and that they would be investigating and would let me know - nothing on that yet.

So, what is my next move with regard to this mobiles direct mess? Any help would be appreciated. My Credit File is getting to look ok now and I don't want this lot messing it up again.