not exactly a bank issue

dommcd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is not exactly a bank issue but i wonder if anyone has some advice as it would be most appriciated.

I hav an acount with O2 mobile company. in june my payment didnt go out. So i emailed them and said the money is not in the acount just take it again simple solution i thought. They emailed back we cant do that you have to do this, that or the other to sort it out. On the same day i got a treatening letter saying pay within 7 days or we will cut you off copmpletely (they had already barred me from making calls i could only recieve) so i sent of the slip at the bottom with a cheque and expected my service returned within a week. This did not happen and after thre weeks i contacted them again. Their response was that as of the 2nd july i owed them £60 they recieved the £30 cheque on the 4th july.

However my payments a due on the 16th of the month and the extra £30 would have been what was due on the 16th july which would not have been for another two weeks so why did they add it to the amount i owed on the 2nd especially when, a, they told me i needed to pay £30, b, i would have had no knowledge of this additional £30 on the 2nd and c, it wouldnt have been due anyway. As such i perposly didnt pay julys bill because i refused to pay for a service i was not recieving and now they want that but they sent me a letter dated 8days ago which i recieved today requesting payment within seven days of the date of the letter or they will cut me off and charge me.

And even if i do pay it i wont get my service back because they will want next month aswell despite it not being due.

Is there anything I can do

Pay up

If you're on a contract you have to pay even if they are withholding services for non payment. Also instead of asking us to try second guess O2, maybe you should ask them? Write them a polite but firm letter questioning why they wanted £60 when all they asked for was £30 and you complied but still they didn't restore your service. Quite often being nice and polite works and they may credit your account with the missed months fee.