Cap one charges.

lkd79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've had an account with capital one for over a year and I've always paid my monthly payment from my bank account at least ten days before its due via a scheduled payment.

In February at the end of the month i got a letter from them stating that the details i was using for my scheduled February payment was wrong and they gave me the correct details that i should be using. they also said my payment would not reach my account for another ten days :confused:

Now i checked my details on the payment i made against the details they gave me and they were exactly the same.

About two days later i then got a letter from capital one telling me that they were charging me a late payment fee and an overdraft fee because i had not made a payment for February.

Now I have contacted capital one and told them that i had made a payment and i feel they made the mistake with my payment but have basically been told they will do nothing to help me.

I'm self employed and on a very low income so was unable to pay all the charges off and capital one just keep adding more charges. Plus phoning several times a week even though i have asked them not to contact me via the phone because the woman who phones is very pushy.

So my account is now over a hundred pound overdraw just because of the charges. I'm still making payment every month but this is only covering the basic payment and a portion of the interest.

Can anyone give me some advice about what i should do next because I have no idea.

Thank you

Louise

Ok if you have all the documentation, i.e. the payment details you originally were told to use and then the new set they asked you to change to then you have the evidence you need in my opinion.

I would firstly write to them asking them to reimburse all charges. When / not if they write back and say no I would put it in another letter headed formal complaint.

Also in the same letter advise them that you are happy to utilise the services of the FOS at the end of the 8 week period or after their final response and look forward to the fact that FOS will be charging capital one approx £450 to investigate the charges on your account.

Edit: If they still refuse then it will be a choice between claiming them back via Court (They tend to pay up as they file the defence) or the FOS which can be sloooowwwwww.

S.

Thank you for the great advice.

I will send that letter off in the next few days.

I have sent the letter for telephone harrasment to them but its still on going.