• Tweets

• Your page numbers should run through your WX and exhibits so im concerned its page x of 9.
    • Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reg Singh V Abbey**** WON ****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Reg, very well done indeed. Can I just say that I learned a lot about Abbey's tactics and pinched a lot of good ideas and drafts for letters from your thread. So thank you as well as CONGRATUALTIONS. Regards, Mad Nick.

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super news Reg and well done, made up for you and the family. Seems putting a bit of pressure on abbey worked. I am still waiting, but got second allocation hearing on Wednesday, so fingers crossed.:D

Regards bish.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

Hi Elizabeth1,

In short could not attend first allocation hearing as wife had to have operation on same day, abbey thought they would take advantage of the situation and requested a 28 day stay to enter into settlement talks. As you can imagine this was just a tactic to put pressure on me to settle for 75%, wrong ! . Will be prepared for them on wednesday, and will be in no mood for their delaying tactics, if they even bother turning up. I have all the correspondence that they used to try and settle the claim, nothing !.

Why would mine be bad for me ?.

Regards bish.

Hi Reg

CONGRATULATIONS and a job WELL DONE

When you claimed interest did you just claim 8% or did you claim the unauthorised interest rate that Abbey imposed on you, Also as you claim was over £5K did get accepted as small claims track or was it Fast Track.

I am just about to get my claws into them.

Thanks

DS

Hi Elizabeth1,

In short could not attend first allocation hearing as wife had to have operation on same day, abbey thought they would take advantage of the situation and requested a 28 day stay to enter into settlement talks. As you can imagine this was just a tactic to put pressure on me to settle for 75%, wrong ! . Will be prepared for them on wednesday, and will be in no mood for their delaying tactics, if they even bother turning up. I have all the correspondence that they used to try and settle the claim, nothing !.

Why would mine be bad for me ?.

Regards bish.

Hiya Bish - I hope your wife has recovered and is well now!!

Abbey will try odd tactics to stall - Bish go get them!! They have messed about enough - goodluck !!

Thanks Elizabeth1, hijaked Reg Singhs post a bit, but don't suppose he will mind. Wife is recovering from her third operation in the last 18 months, she has a terminal illness, not cancer, but just as bad. It takes many years to eat away at her and she will never recover, only try to get some form of normality in her life. Just hold out hope for a cure. Most people see cancer as the big killer which it is, but generaly quick. Many terminal illnesses are long term and cause terrible suffering over many years, makes you wonder which is worse. Obviously puts pressure on the family and abbey has not helped, made matters so much worse. Do not need the added pressure of trying to claim back money that should never have been taken in the first place. The one positive thing about this is that you do become fighters that will not give up. So bring it on abbey, I have nothing to be ashamed about. I will get our money back.

Regards bish.

Thanks Elizabeth1, hijaked Reg Singhs post a bit, but don't suppose he will mind. Wife is recovering from her third operation in the last 18 months, she has a terminal illness, not cancer, but just as bad. It takes many years to eat away at her and she will never recover, only try to get some form of normality in her life. Just hold out hope for a cure. Most people see cancer as the big killer which it is, but generaly quick. Many terminal illnesses are long term and cause terrible suffering over many years, makes you wonder which is worse. Obviously puts pressure on the family and abbey has not helped, made matters so much worse. Do not need the added pressure of trying to claim back money that should never have been taken in the first place. The one positive thing about this is that you do become fighters that will not give up. So bring it on abbey, I have nothing to be ashamed about. I will get our money back.

Regards bish.

Bish I realy wish you luck and am so sorry to hear of your other troubles!! These Banks really are nasty thay don't see the "individuals" they are faceless companies who have taken liberties in failing to recognise each of us as people with "rights" with individual circumstances!!

I can't wait for the day that somehow the line is drawn under all of this and the Banks are forced to do the right thing and patback this money to people - and hopefully thats what each of us are working towards!! This was our money and the banks had no rights to take it and even more to the point they have no rights now to retain people monies!! They ought to hand it back to people.

I always think and worry of those who don't have our knowledge and will to fight these big Banks etc.. like pensioners who might go a "little" over drawn on occassions - they'd get some "whopping big fee" taken out of a pension? they'd never know to use CAG, the internet or have the cheek to ask for their money back - lots of people won't - cause we are made to feel so humiliated by these big banks!!

Before coming here I'd never have questioned a bank - like lots of others - but the more I read the more annoyed I feel with these banks and am filled with determination that I shall get our money back and help others do the same!!

Bish you will win - and so will many others - I just think it's high time the Banks admit they've been caught out and they should pay back people with no arguments - let alone making lots go through courts to get their money back - the pressure is huge on many having to to court for what is theirs anyway - the banks should be ashamed of themselves for such nasty workmanship!! (gee she is on a soapbox tonight?? - better go make some coffee?)

Take care Bish - can't wait to hear you won!! (Reg is a good sort he won't mind us hijacking his thread - he knows we are delighted for him!!)

Hi,all

Hey,bish No Worries About The Above, We All Wish You The Best For Wednesday And Thankyou For The Support You Showed On This Site,our Most Humbles Thanks Goes To Kernevil For Being So Helpfull And The Rest Of The Members.can Someone Change My Thread To Won Please.

If I Am Allowed And Permitted I Shall Still Be Around The Site And Try To Help Which Ever Way I Can To My Abilities To My Experiece .

Thanks all and a big best wishes to Reg, and stick around Reg. I intend to as lots of people out there need our help. Like Victoria said there are lots of people out there that do not have access to the internet, so do not have the power we have. It is our duty to help those less fortunate than us, and I will be, hope everyone else will to.

Regards bish.

Hi,all

Hey,bish No Worries About The Above, We All Wish You The Best For Wednesday And Thankyou For The Support You Showed On This Site,our Most Humbles Thanks Goes To Kernevil For Being So Helpfull And The Rest Of The Members.can Someone Change My Thread To Won Please.

If I Am Allowed And Permitted I Shall Still Be Around The Site And Try To Help Which Ever Way I Can To My Abilities To My Experiece .

Hey Reg I am glad you are sticking around !!! Our experiences will help many people who read here and it will help others to successfully reclaim their money etc.. It's a huge learning curve for us all in learning how to deal with various companies etc.. and every little bit of information will help others.

The best part of being here is seeing people win back what was theirs!!

Hi Reg and everyone else on this thread.

My congratulations and best wishes go to you and your family. I'm fairly new to this site and am fighting Shabbey on behalf of my son. When I get more time later today I'm going to read your thread it sounds as though you had some good tactics and advice.

WELL DONE again ..

Brenda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, All

Todate I Have Not Recieved Any Funds From Shabbey And My Court Date Is Today At 14:00 Hrs ,e-mail And Phoned But No Result However I Informed The Court For Non Complying To Judge Direction The Court Has Asked Me To Attend The Hearing And It Will Be Dealt With. Looks Like Judgjment Against Shabbey .will Let U All Know The Outcome As Soon As Possible.

Hi, All

Todate I Have Not Recieved Any Funds From Shabbey And My Court Date Is Today At 14:00 Hrs ,e-mail And Phoned But No Result However I Informed The Court For Non Complying To Judge Direction The Court Has Asked Me To Attend The Hearing And It Will Be Dealt With. Looks Like Judgjment Against Shabbey .will Let U All Know The Outcome As Soon As Possible.

I thought they had settled with you or is this another claim!

I wish all the best for to day in Court, perhaps they will turn up and agree to pay you on the spot!!!

Let us all know how you get on.

Regards

DS

Hi. All

Before Leaving For Court I Have Recieved Copy Of Cheque By Fax As Well Been To Court Same Item Was Faxed To Court So The Judge Adjourned The Case For 1 Mth Hoping To Recieve The Cheque By Day Or Two . Well Any Offer Dont Mean Its Over Till You Recieve The Funds.

Hi. All

Before Leaving For Court I Have Recieved Copy Of Cheque By Fax As Well Been To Court Same Item Was Faxed To Court So The Judge Adjourned The Case For 1 Mth Hoping To Recieve The Cheque By Day Or Two . Well Any Offer Dont Mean Its Over Till You Recieve The Funds.

GOOD FOR YOU REG!! HOPE YOU GET YOUR MONEY SOON - enjopy it and don't call your case off till you have everything you claimed etc.. - I hope you charged them for your bundle too!!

Hope you get your cheque soon!!

Hi, Southerner

Yahoooooooooo........ Recieved My Cheque This Morning And Off I Went To Deposit.it Was A Long Wait Since There Offer But Its A Shame I Still Had To Attend The Court Yesterday . Well I Can Now Officially Say I Won Full Claim With Costs And The Money In The Bankkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Good Luck For Yours And The Rest.

donation Will Follow Within Days,

And For The Rest the Show Must Go On

Hi, Southerner

Yahoooooooooo........ Recieved My Cheque This Morning And Off I Went To Deposit.it Was A Long Wait Since There Offer But Its A Shame I Still Had To Attend The Court Yesterday . Well I Can Now Officially Say I Won Full Claim With Costs And The Money In The Bankkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Good Luck For Yours And The Rest.

donation Will Follow Within Days,

And For The Rest the Show Must Go On

Congrartulations Reg!!!!! So glad you finally got there!!!