APCOA Railway station fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Yesterday morning I parked in a First Great Western car park and used the phone payment system, as I've done a few times recently in different car parks. I had trouble getting through but got a text confirmation of payment which has the time 8:40 in it.

Returned in the evening to find a ticket on the windscreen which says 'time issued 08:42'. The ticket was therefore issued after I made the payment so how can it be valid?

The ticket also shows 'time first seen 08:21' . Why is 'time first seen' shown and is it relevant?

The text confirmation uses the term 'car parked 8:40' rather than 'payment received'.

The fine is for £80, reduced to £50 if paid within 7 days - there is no mention of any appeal procedure, just 'Enquiries should be sent to ....APCOA address' .

Help, please!

Although station car parking can be enforced using Railway By-laws, in almost every case posted on here, APCOA choose to ignore the by-law requirements and treat tickets as they would every other private car park.

It seems they are doing the same here, as there is no discount period allowed under by-laws.

Therefore, just ignore their demands, but ensure that you have saved any text messages sent or received on that day as evidence.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Thanks very much. I am still worried about getting an even bigger fine.

The 'Time first seen' thing bothers me. Why do they put that - is it to make you think that the time is valid from that time rather than time of issue?

It's irrelevent. You paid.... they have lost nothing, they have no case.

And it is not a fine, it is an invoice, ie an invitation to pay for services. Since you've already paid, you can safely ignore it.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

keep the text on your phone. PPCs love to mention ralilway Bylaws but not to enforce them. two reasons: 1) they often don't have the 'rights' (so their paperwork is fraudulent) and 2) there is no money it for then if they have the right and do enforce it. real bylaw tickets are very rare. [problem] voices very very common. and you paid before ticket was issued ! This is one case where I would be tempted to write to the PPC telling that payment was made before the time of issue and that you can prove it. Then tell them to either cancel or proceed to magistrate's court which is the only place that bylaw tickets can be 'judged'. And tell them if they persist in trying to enforce in light of proof of payment and especially in light of them trying to enforce a Bylaw ticket via contract that you will report them for attempted fraud (Fraud Act 2006 S.2). A solid 'up yours and get lost creep' letter.

• 1 month later...
:mad: I am afraid to say that I was issued with a ticket on the 10th July 2009 by APCOA at Didcot Parkway. I had registered with RINGO and paid for 2 days full parking from 1130 on 9th July 2009 - unfortunately in the process of registering my car two of the numbers were swapped which led to the ticket being issued as my cars registration number did not show on the parking attendant's computer. I rang ACPOA's customer service and was told someone would contact me but they haven't and I sent a recorded letter to thier post box in Uxbridge (delivered to them on the 15th July) and an e-mail to thoer customer services but I still have not received any reply or contact from them. My argument is that I have paid for the parking and have not in any way tried to deceive anyone, however the mistake with the numbers being transposed has led to this situation. Does anyone have any advice as to what will happen next and , more importantly, where do I stand? Thanks

:mad: I am afraid to say that I was issued with a ticket on the 10th July 2009 by APCOA at Didcot Parkway. I had registered with RINGO and paid for 2 days full parking from 1130 on 9th July 2009 - unfortunately in the process of registering my car two of the numbers were swapped which led to the ticket being issued as my cars registration number did not show on the parking attendant's computer. I rang ACPOA's customer service and was told someone would contact me but they haven't and I sent a recorded letter to thier post box in Uxbridge (delivered to them on the 15th July) and an e-mail to thoer customer services but I still have not received any reply or contact from them. My argument is that I have paid for the parking and have not in any way tried to deceive anyone, however the mistake with the numbers being transposed has led to this situation. Does anyone have any advice as to what will happen next and , more importantly, where do I stand? Thanks

It matters not whether you have paid or not.

It's UNENFORCEABLE.

Ignore everything except Court papers.

• 2 years later...

Hi,

The exact same thing happended me in October and when trying to resolve have found myself hitting a brick wall. What was the outcome of your experience.

Thanks,

Richard