• Tweets

• A judge says Anthony Levandowski carried out the "biggest trade secret crime I have ever seen". View the full article
    • Yes, let us know if they honour the agreement to pay.   Thanks for Donation made and anything further you can make - it helps us keep helping !
    • Mark Bauwens from France takes us through his week during the coronavirus pandemic. View the full article
    • Thankyou very much i will be around all day it would be appreciated Below is another attempt :     IN THE COUNTY COURT AT ***************                 CLAIM NO:**********     BETWEEN:   LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD CLAIMANT   and   MRS *********************** DEFENDANT   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   WITNESS STATEMENT OF ******************   ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   I, ******************************************* WILL SAY as follows:   I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.     INTRODUCTION   1. It is my understanding that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct disputed or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed 10p to 15p in the £1 and to which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income. Lowell Portfolio I Ltd issue claims to circumvent and claim the full amount of debt to maximise profit.   2. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   BACKGROUND 3. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card Agreement between the defendant and Vanquis Bank   4. Whilst it is accepted that the defendant has in the past had financial dealings with Vanquis, the defendant is unaware of what alleged debt the claimant refers, and the defendant has not entered into any contract with the Claimant.   5.The defendant made a formal written request to the Claimant for them to provide me with a copy of my Consumer Credit Agreement as entitled to do so under sections 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on the 27th August 2019 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order to which the defendant received a reply dated 6th September 2019 putting their account on hold whilst they tried to gather the information.   6.The defendant received a reply dated 24th October 2019 with no CCA attached other than the documents which enclosed a statement, default notice, notice of assignment from Vanquis to Lowell & a reconstituted copy of an agreement which the claimants have already provided in their witness statement dated 3rd August 2020.   7.On 15th January 2020, I received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre, Northampton, for the amount of £******. The claimant contends that the claim is for the sum of £********* in respect of monies owing under an alleged agreement with the account no ******************* pursuant to The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA). Contained within the claimants particulars the claimant states that the account was subject to assignment from Vanquis to Lowell on 24 June 2015 with notice given.   CONCLUSION 8.To date no valid full true copy of the executed credit agreement or the terms and conditions have been disclosed .the claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt.   9.The claimant disclosed various screenshots taken from the originators software of the application and also confirms on their covering letter the relative legislation The Electronic Communications Act 2000 with regards to wet signatures and the requirement of a tick box to validate the application. The screenshots are devoid of any tick box or any authenticity of IP address conformation check.   10.Therefore the claimant remains in default of my section 78 request and pursuant to section 78 6a of the CCA1974 the claimant is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement.   11.For the above reasons the claim bought by the claimant is without merit and an abuse of the court process. It would be far more gracious and forthright for the claimant to admit that they do not have possession of the correct valid paperwork and this is an attempt to mislead and convince the court that the claimant can disclose the legal valid documents on which its claim relies on. It is therefore requested that the Claimants Claim is struck out pursuant to the above.   STATEMENT OF TRUTH   I, ************** the defendant, believe the facts stated in this witness statement are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of Court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.   Signed: …………………………………………… Print Name: ************* Dated: 4th August 2020
    • Allen Blue, who co-founded professional network LinkedIn, reveals how start-ups can achieve growth. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
GuidoT

What have they been spending our money on?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4062 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

UK Parliament - Allowances by MP

Click on an MP to see what they have been purchasing.

These is something wrong with our society when DCAs, Banks, MPs, Private Parking Companies etc. can do what they do.

Oh what a mess.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Its amazing that my MP's food bill is £400 each month.

I wonder if she has the same meal each day each week.

I think I'll write and ask!

Also write to the place they do all there food shopping and ask them how they managed to keep all the prices the same for so long, and can we shop there too:D.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Mine only quaffs £300, yours must shop at M&S! although maybe North/South devide. Why oh why has mine got (And on a very quick glimpse) £55 for a mini grill under repairs and insurance?

I am soo looking forward to analysing this, maybe I'll get the full version of my Telegraph contact, lmao.

I have the email already sat in my inbox to reply to, the morra is devoted to it.

Mine seems more reasonable with food averaging around the £180 mark. However she pays £45 per month for a mobile phone tariff which includes 400 minutes and 50 texts... they must have seen her coming!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

My MP's food is £400 pound every month also. And He's a Scouser. (please, no jokes about robbing B******s please).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Mine has stopped claiming £300 food the minute Council tax entered the equasion? only ever claimed £200 since then? Why are the figures so bang on the penny...petty maybe.

I think mine has been relatively well behaved, aside from the obvious 'rounding up' and I'm not gonna chuck my toys out over that.

I am still gonna get everything available digested the 'morra.

Baz, get her on 3 lmao

Edited by Thailand
not him/her....just her

Can I ask what your MP's renting costs are? Mine is charging £1615.25 PCM.... maybe £400 is OK, but I'd like to compare it, London aint chep!

Richard Ottoway, Croydon Sth, has steadfastly refused to tell us what he was spending our money on. No wonder, I'd be embarrassed too to be seen as such a terrible moneysaver!!!

Handsfree kit for car: £250! :shock:

Newspaper delivery: £50 Why am I paying for this exactly?

£240 on food, and yes, £40 on light bulbs. £50 on a toaster, and there is maintenance on something mysterious which contains belts and filters and is bloody expensive. Mortgage payment: £430. Repairs to roof, boiler, shower (every month or so, it would seem), and the list goes on and on...

Want to know the funny thing? Mr Ottoway's home from home is further away from Westminster than his constituency one, but then Bletchingey is a lot more attractive than Croydon... :rolleyes:

I was wrong about the mini grill, it was actually under 'other' but the initial claim was scribbled out, and went into another section....it was then scribbled out again with blacked-out bits because of an issue worth £5, she then altered the totals at the bottom pratically begging them not to forget the extra fiver.... hard times!

Still, so far in my MP may be an angel....I haven't clicked on the other 5 or 6 links yet.

As a complete aside, I find it interesting that I now know each 'high gloss' leaflet costs 5.6p lol (maybe the gloss finish makes the crap easier on the eye.....and helps it get into landfil quicker?) 44,000 is also too low for her constituency. 30,859 were delivered by RM at the chep rate of 4.8p making those leaflets cost 10.4p each which 90% of which (guess, and you should see the communal area here) goes unread. Plus you can't wipe your crease on the glossy stuff. :p

I guess the other 13,000 or so are hand dropped by my MP and workforce in the more affluent areas? Not having a go here, I'm just a trainspotter when it comes to this stuff! Still, it grates a bit even then...£4K to promote her still sucks.... and that is only one campaign.... I honestly thought that kind of stuff wasn't paid for by the taxpayer.

Edited by Thailand
I said another thread...it was this one...durr

Just to ask, 1.62 per toilet roll and 2kg chocolate tins aside, my MP is collecting Nectar points..... isn't that a tad rude?

Mine claimed £9090 of gardening costs. £837 for a lawnmower repair. £50 p/w for papers. In a year.

At least I dont live in Dewsbury. £3400 on audio and tv equipment in 3 months. 'Essential' items eh Mr Malik? :mad:

Ripped v Barclaycard - WON!!! :D

Ripped v MBNA - with FOS since Jan 08 with adjudicator ;)

I owe my attitude to Gene Hunt :cool:

About Bl**&y time!!!

They keep saying its within the rules but they made the rules!!! I wonder how long the fraud squad and Inland Revenue would hold back if The General Medical Council or the Legal Bar wrote its own rules for whats allowable in an expense claim?

Its the house of commons... the house of common people... they are NOT above the law which includes the Inland Revenue!!!

(makes a mental note to write to the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors..... :rolleyes::D)

Edited by Castlebest

CB - Do you have a thread regarding the RICS (I looked and it is not obvious)?

If you are complaining to the RICS regarding a surveyor I will be able to help you.

Edited by GuidoT

Mine, Graham Stringer, seems to have claimed £643 for a years subscription to 2 newspapers that are,to my knowledge, delivered FREE OF CHARGE :mad:

And for a lot of stays in rather expensive hotels, including the use of a minibar:mad::mad::mad:

CB - Do you have a thread regarding the RICS (I looked and it is not obvious)?

If you are complaining to the RICS regarding a surveyor I will be able to help you.

lol No Guido, I am a surveyor, I was thinking more along the lines of making our own rules too lol

Okay I am one too and frequently get involved with suing them for negligence.

Yes I sometimes think we were taught to prove each other wrong :rolleyes:... such a brotherly profession :D

My MP's food is £400 pound every month also.

£400 is the limit for monthly food allowances of what they're allowed to claim with no receipts:mad::eek:..........for all of those who've had to put in ex's claims for work, mucking around with recepits for pence, making sure everything is accurate to the last penny................they didn't need to produce recepits for anything less than £250!!!

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.