I lied to TCO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some advice - I've misled TCO on my income on tax credits and I'm obviously feeling guilty and want to resolve it.

I obviously deserve whatever comes to me but am I best telling them everything? Has anyone been in same position?

This isn't an excuse but I'm rubbish with money, work for myself and I guess I now know that I need an accountant or something to help me figure out my actual income but I know that I've told them I've earnt less than I have done last year.

I'm scared and worried - understatement.

I'd appreciate any advice on how best to resolve it.

You say you are feeling guilty and that you want to resolve it.

If that's true then you don't need to ask if you are best telling them everything because if you don't tell them everything you will still feel guilty and still want to resolve it.

Best plan would be to tell the whole truth now, they will think better of you abd deal with you less severely if you confess all, however if you don't and it then comes to light at a later date they won't be as lenient.

I'd hold my hands up now and possibly play the dumb or it was a genuine mistake card.

Mossy

Having made it public, you obviously haven't mis-led them, you have made an error.

Tell them just that, that you 'believe' you have made an error and ask for their assistance on how to correct it.

You're half way there by having the guts to come here and say so.

Good luck.