Jump to content

business Lease - termination due to Ltd company being dissolved

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I have a problem with a company I had my car leased through my limited company.


Due to my naivety, and the fact I was working away from home, I did not file my returns on companies house website last year, and could not afford to employ anyone to do it for me.


As a result they dissolved my company. I was advised at the time by companies house to either get a court order to get my company back on the register, as I was trading, or if I had no branding issues etc.. It would be cheaper to just start a new company.


I contacted my lease company to let them know the situation, and they then terminated the agreement, and told me I had to return the car. I asked them to transfer the agreement either to me on a personal contract as the guarantor, or transfer to a new company name if I was to incorporate a business name.


they refused to transfer as, I had missed one payment last year.


I then told them that I would be able to get my old name back on the register, but it would take a few weeks to do so. They told me they would not wait. so I ended up having to hand the car back.


As there was excess miles, I expected an invoice to cover this.


I was shocked to find in addition to this an invoice for "future rentals" and a credit for future depreciation on the car.


I have looked at the wording of the agreement, and they have terminated the agreement due to the companies liquidation.


my company was not liquidated, it was dissolved. I thought there was a difference. Is there? Is this my get out of this? They are asking for nearly £10k which there is no way I can afford.


Surely the fact I told them this was a temorary issue which would be resolved before my next payment was even due should have been sufficient for them to hold termination?


I could do with some help on this please?


Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...